Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
First week and 2500 miles

I drive 70 freeway miles one way to work and the trip computer has consistently reported 20-21mpg. Personnel best of 23.1mpg pure freeway miles. Mixed driving showing 18-19. So far, I am very pleased with the vehicle.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I drive in VERY slow & tight stop and go traffic going to work and coming home is the same deal.

About 10mpg.

THAT SUCKS BIG TIME !!
:(:confused::(

I haven't really opened this puppy up yet, either....
I know if I were COOKIN' on the way to work it would be a different story.

I do like 15 miles an hour - both ways - everyday. NOT GOOD.
Thank God I'm riding in style & luxary though..........
:D

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sorry to report, but my already low mileage has gone down. I am now averaging 15.5 mpg, in 75% city, 25% hwy driving. With the ever-rising gas prices (about 12 cents per gallon this WEEK in GA!), this is an increasing concern. I hope this improves with age. I already have 2,000 miles on my MDX, and I try to drive conservatively, with no quick starts or stops.

·
681 Posts
Seems low

I am a little surprised at your milage. So far, my lowest tank has been 17.2 mpg with a lot of city. My daily commute (part highway/part city) has been consistently between 18 -21 mpg per tank.(1,500 miles)
My very best highway under ideal conditions was last week coming back from a trip to North Carolina. I filled up in Charlotte and got immediately on the interstate and locked the cruise control at 70 and when I exited at Columbia SC I had clocked 25.4 mpg. Light traffic, gently rolling country, three passengers with average luggage - I suspect that's as good as it gets unless it's all downhill.
Of course, I live in the sunny South so that may be helping.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
more mpg

25.4 is pretty impressive, I have the same model, just broke 4,000 miles, the best I've done is 23.4, on a long trip through Wisconsin. Most of my weekly driving is 65-70 without much weight, but at pretty cold temps; on those my high average is 19.1, getting down to ~16.5 when I drive around town more.

Another factor - idling in car with kids waiting for the school bus, and of course, waiting in line for the car wash after buying gas (gotta do it!). If you end up idling for 10-15 minutes immediately after fill-up, you end up starting with an average of something like 0.6 mpg - takes a day or two to make this up...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Acura 4 life, put the hammer down buddy, they're made to take it, that's the true way to enjoy your MDX. Remember their "beat winter" campaign.
My friend bought a new Oddessy a few months before I took delivery on my MDX and the same thing happened to him that we are reading about here. He started out around 12-14 MPG during the first 1000 miles, then it shot up to around 20. Hopefully ours will follow this trend and get better mpg's too.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I have gotten the same MPG since new last Sept., 2002. It now has 4500 miles on it. I get from 16.5 - 17.0 in the city, and get from 22.0 - 23.5 on the freeway @ 65-70 MPH.

·
Registered
128 Posts
BOSIEMAN said:
For the first 1,200 miles I've averaged about 15.5-17.0 MPG. I'm really concerned that 800 of these miles were on the highway 400 each way. I thought that the mileage would be at least 20 mpg. Maybe it hurt beacuse I averaged about 85 MPH during the trip :)

2001 Beige/Touring
averaged about 85 mph? wow!

i experienced about the same mpg above 70 mph.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.