Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently become intrigued by a product/company called "Digisette" that is a cassette tape shaped MP3 player. It's like an MP3 player and cassette adapter combined. It's also supposed to work with fast forward or rewind to switch tracks. It sounds like a great idea, especially since it would be integrated in with the steering wheel control, assuming the fast forward feature works correctly. I was wondering if anyone has tried it out in the MDX standard (not Bose) cassette player and what you think about it.

If you're not familiar with it, see http://www.digisette.com

·
Registered
96 Posts
acbrown said:
I've recently become intrigued by a product/company called "Digisette" that is a cassette tape shaped MP3 player. It's like an MP3 player and cassette adapter combined. It's also supposed to work with fast forward or rewind to switch tracks. It sounds like a great idea, especially since it would be integrated in with the steering wheel control, assuming the fast forward feature works correctly. I was wondering if anyone has tried it out in the MDX standard (not Bose) cassette player and what you think about it.

If you're not familiar with it, see http://www.digisette.com
Sorry, haven't tried it - but did look at the link. Look's neat - nice and small. and being able to use the OEM controls is a good feature. However - seems expensive for what you get - which is the ability to hold a selection of maybe 3 hours of music - not a huge advantage over audio CD's IMHO. You'd have to use the AC adapter, since the battery sounds quite small.

I've used a Nomad Jukebox on long trips in my wife's MDX. It fits perfectly in the center armrest (after you remove the rubber tray) - where it can plug into the power adapter. I use a cassette adapter, so the only thing you see is the small wire. Accessing the controls is easy since it's in the upper tray of the center armrest and is oriented the right way. 6GB's of music to select from, for not a lot more money. Admittedly, it is bulkier than the typical MP3 player - but in a car or the MDX, you can't beat it's capacity (and if you're really a music nut, you can easily upgrade it to 32G's).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts