MP3 Player

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  juvee 
#1 ·
There is no message.

#2 ·
Hey, that's pretty weird, huh?

#3 ·
The missing msg...weird sys error i guess

Anyone interested in a cool MP3 player should check this out. I am going to have to find someway to have this MP3 player tap into the Bose system so that I can listen to my MP3s. It's a HD/MP3/Video/Picture device. Very cool.

The unit http://www.archos.com/us/products/product_jbmm.html

is supposed to be shipping to stores/online by month end!! The price listed is not correct..I think it's going to be around 399 MSRP. And the unit is supposed to be shipping now with a 20gig HD.

So that's 2 M's I am waiting for now...the MDX and the MP3!!

Gig'Em Aggies! :)

Thanks,
Mark

#4 ·
#5 ·
Cool...

Thanks MDXtrous!

Have you installed one of those? Has anyone else had luck with it?

Any thoughts on quality..ease of install..etc..

(i'll search around the board here too for it).

-Mark

#6 ·
I haven't done it myself, but you may find some info on acura-tl.com where some people have done this since the tl has been around a bit longer than the MDX.

My installer is actually trying to tap in directly to the external cd-changer input, by using the external cd-changer plug into the headunit. He's going to "trick" the headunit into thinking there's a CD-changer installed, when it's actually sound from my video system. He's done it for other cars before.

He's waiting for the plug and will test it out this week. We'll see how things go.

#7 ·
How about Portable MP3 Players??

I have a NEXII with a couple skins, a protective case, and can play up to a 1GB Microdrive. The headphones suck though!
I looked at a lot of them on the market and thought this was the best bang for my buck . . . .

All that for under $100.00 :2:

#8 ·
Re: How about Portable MP3 Players??

PolyTat said:
I have a NEXII with a couple skins, a protective case, and can play up to a 1GB Microdrive. The headphones suck though!
I looked at a lot of them on the market and thought this was the best bang for my buck . . . .

All that for under $100.00 :2:
But if you add the 1GB microdrive, it goes up to $400:D

I actually have the Archos 20GIG recorder that I got for $309 on buy.com . It's excellent because you record from any source into MP3 format, even old tapes, and with a mic, you can record lectures, speeches, etc....

#9 ·
TheWorm said:
Hey, that's pretty weird, huh?
It sure is, I think the system was down for about 10 minutes, and that's when it happened.

#10 ·
A cheap way to hook up the mp3 player is to use a cassette adapter or a fm radio device. You will lose sound quality, but it is worth it to have your whole music collection.

#11 ·
The portable Rio player with the cassette adapter works pretty well actually. And there is a great storage area right there under the dash to place it. Would still like to replace the factory with a good mp3 player but the people in my town said no plates available and don't seem to interested in toying with the vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.