Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have burned 2 MP3 DVDs now, neither seem to work in either option (DVD player or CD/DVD Changer), just says bad disk... IS there a specific folder format or burning utility I need to use? I just used the built in windows burner on a Win10 PC, and win 7 PC.

Edit: 2007 MDX Elite (sport+entertainment/tech?) In Canada.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have a '07 as well and also burned mp3 dvd's in win7 with no issues.

Maybe trying burning just a few songs directly in the root without any folders and see if that works first.

I'm not sure of the folder structure or song/capacity limitations as I only try to burn a modest amount on one disc as the interface is too slow and clumsy to look through a lot of songs at once.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've burned a few MP3 DVDs as well. Some with folders going 3-4 deep, with no specific structure. I think the biggest limitation though may be DVD-R vs. DVD+R. I don't remember which I used, but if you used one, try the other. Also, when using native burning tools, make sure that the disk is "closed" after writing, and not left open for more data to be written. Also, Dual-Layer DVDs may not work either. Try a standard 4GB DVD, and not the 8GB DL ones.

Edit: Oh, and I use CDBurnerXP, even on windows 10 (or was it 8.1?) for DVDs. Works just fine and it's free.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll try CDburnerXP, I didn't have any folders, about 300 songs right in the root directory. I'll also try a DVD+R, I used a -R.

BTW, which of the 2 plays the DVD MP3 Discs? Both? or just 1? (CD/DVD changer or DVD Player)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I use the regular 6 disc changer with a DVD+R and it works fine. I used iTunes on my mac to burn it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks, I'll try CDburnerXP, I didn't have any folders, about 300 songs right in the root directory. I'll also try a DVD+R, I used a -R.

BTW, which of the 2 plays the DVD MP3 Discs? Both? or just 1? (CD/DVD changer or DVD Player)
The only weird thing about having all the songs in the root is that the Disk Title on the main screen shows as the first track on the disk. What I do is I have one of those THX sound MP3s that I name what I want the disk to be named, and then have everything in a subfolder.

And yea, the regular 6 disk changer works fine. And I do think it's +Rs that I use.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Why do people have to use CDBurner XP or Cdburner XYZ or other softwares when Windows media player or popular VLC would do the job just fine.

BananaX, did you use CD-R and burn it to "Audio CD" ? I assume you did. If not, it would never be playable.
WMP had never failed me any Audio CD I burnt.

·
Registered
55 Posts
CDBurnerXP is a much simpler interface. You don't need to import your MP3s into a library or any of that stuff. Just click and drag from a folder.

Oh, and if you're burning MP3s to a DVD (or even a CD for that matter), you need to make sure you're burning them as a Data DVD (or a Data CD). An Audio CD can hold 80 minutes worth of music, whereas a Data CD can hold 700MB of MP3s.

·
Registered
132 Posts
So you think BananaX is trying to put all his mp3 data files on the data disk, and play on supposedly CD player? I didn't know that is possible (?) Itself is an mp3 player and has USB path or that purpose - And last time I check, a USB flash drive could hold an average 32 GB of data

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you think BananaX is trying to put all his mp3 data files on the data disk, and play on supposedly CD player? I didn't know that is possible (?) Itself is an mp3 player and has USB path or that purpose - And last time I check, a USB flash drive could hold an average 32 GB of data
The built in 6 Disc changer can play MP3s(So can the RES DVD player), I already have 4 MP3 CDs in there, I just want to combine them into 1 MP3 DVD, which is also supported :).

·
Registered
798 Posts
Why do people have to use CDBurner XP or Cdburner XYZ or other softwares when Windows media player or popular VLC would do the job just fine.
Yeah I still just use my lowly infrarecorder. Windows media player is a resource hog and I usually try to avoid it. VLC is great too.

I don't know how you guys do the DVD MP3 thing. It just seems too slow and clunky for me, at least on my '07. Maybe the '10+ are different? I switched back to just burning a few data CD's with mp3's.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't know how you guys do the DVD MP3 thing. It just seems too slow and clunky for me, at least on my '07. Maybe the '10+ are different? I switched back to just burning a few data CD's with mp3's.
With my 07, MP3 DVDs do take a little longer than normal to load, and then to enumerate the track lists, but once you're in there there's no delay in playing the music.. now finding 4GB of music to burn, that's another challenge. Filling the 700MB of a CD is much easier.. music-wise my biggest problem right now is a blown door speaker though.

I've also been thinking about an iPod interface from UsaSpec, or some kind of a USB interface, but haven't really done any research on the topic. It would be nice though to be able to plug in a thumb drive or an external hard drive and be able to navigate the music using the nav screen.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an update, I figured out the issue, I was burning the DVDs in UDF format, which is a newer format, and the MDX does not support it, so use ISO For your disc format when creating DVDs (Windows 8/10 uses UDF if you burn the DVD through explorer, Nero has UDF as the first option as well)

Thanks all :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts