Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was being informed by my dealer that one of the new features about 2003 MDX is the movable forward and backward 2nd row seats - I can move up to give more room to the passengers at the 3rd row. I can't seem to see this feature in the 2003 brochure!

Does anyone of you know anything about this?

BTW, good job to Aiki for putting the brochure up as my dealer still hasn't got it yet!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Although I am not certain, I believe this is a feature in the Pilot, so it makes some sense that it would also be in the MDX. Does it not work this way in the 2002 MDX? I guess I should know this since I have now owned one for about 3 days :) .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rogerk said:
Although I am not certain, I believe this is a feature in the Pilot, so it makes some sense that it would also be in the MDX. Does it not work this way in the 2002 MDX? I guess I should know this since I have now owned one for about 3 days :) .
No this feature is neither available in the 2003 Pilot nor 2002 MDX!

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
It is possible the dealer is confusing the fact that the 40% portion of the MDX seat can slide forward for access, but it is not supposed to lock into a forward position. Unless this has changed for the 2003.

On the Pilot, both the 40% portion and the 60% portion can slide forward for access to the rear, but they will not lock in a forward position, so they do not help legroom.

Here is a quote from www.hondanews.com on the 2003 MDX:

"A convenient walk-in feature is provided at the right (curb) side of MDX's second-row seat. Lifting one lever permits the whole seat to slide forward on its tracks and the backrest to tilt forward, providing an entry path to the third row seats. <b>Simply pushing the seat rearward again re-latches the seat in its rearmost position.</b> The seat-tilt mechanism, step-in height, and the opening provided between the open second-row seat and the door frame are all sized for easy and convenient use by children. A hand-hold is also provided on MDX's rear side wall trim to simplify passenger access to the third row seats."

So I doubt if the 2003 has addressed this.

·
Registered
331 Posts
4 way 2nd row seats

Read somewhere, can't find it right now, but I know it's there that the 2nd row seats recline and move forward and backward.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Lance and Chillimouse:

___I can’t say that I have heard this before but it sure would be an asset for the 03 X third row seat passengers in particular. I can’t wait to hear one way or the other as this is a much needed design plus if true.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts