Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember a discussion on this board about the merits of the MDX being named the Motor Trend SUV of the Year. well, MT's new issue just came out and they named the new Ford Thunderbird the Car Of The Year(COTY).

What a Joke!!! The Thunderchicken...er bird beat out the M3, new Lexus ES300, and countless other good vehicles for this ridiculous award! Here is another example of what a pathetic rag. MT is. check out this thread on the s2ki.com(honda s2000) board. what a JOKE :rolleyes:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yeah, but that chick in the Thunderbird commercial is...nevermind :p I love the retro styling of the new Thunderbird. In fact, I'd love to have one parked next to my 'X in the garage. The Bimmer and Lexus are better cars for sure, but their styling just doesn't do it for me like the new T-Bird does. My theory is that MT wanted to (perhaps subconsciously) give the awards this year to a domestic car manufacturer in order to give them a little bit of a patriotic boost in the wake of Sept. 11.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Gator,
I'm with you. I think the new T-Bird is really cool looking even if its build quality isn't up there and the chick in the commercial can strart my engine anytime - oops sorry dear [wife] I mean wave the green flag!;)

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
MDXLuvr,

Good link/story! In fact, I am considering naming it Link of the Year (LOTY).

Cash/Check/MO/Paypal accepted. Let me know. :)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I think this is the fourth time that a 'bird has gotten it. The first time I ever got a letter published in a magazine was just after MT named the '58(?) B-I-G T-Bird COTY. My college roommate and I sent a one-word letter to MT, which they published: "T H U N D E R B I R D ?"

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah that chick sure is hot. btw, the car trying to race the thunderbird-- is it a lotus espirit?

oh and i want to nominate this web site for Board of the year(BOoTY) :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts