Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Most attractive/elegant floormats for All weather

5K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  carli123 
#1 ·
I have read a lot of the forums, and it seems like most agree that the Weather Tech's are the most functional....but I am not sure that they are very attractive.

Let me say that I am in California, so our winters are mild and we don't have salt on the road, so I really just need something good enough for water/mud in the winter.

The factory OEM all weather mats say MDX and seem pretty nice. The WT's look ok but they cover the shiny dead pedal on my A-spec and their brand logo is bright red which just does not match the look of the car. For my last car (Audi Q5), I went with 3D Maxpider and they had a very elegant look. I wanted opinions on what looks the nicest. Pictures are welcome.

#4 ·
Maybe a no brainer for pure function (especially if you live in an area that gets snow in the winter), but they are not elegant. You would never find a set of those on a showroom car. I went with the A spec for a reason and I want to retain the very cool look. I think the 3D maxpider look a lot more elegant but still open to other ideas.

#8 ·
I purchased my 11 MDX used back in 2014 and they came with OEM 1st and 2nd row all weather mats. I had OEM rear cargo mat for while until I spilled some petro based fluid on the mat and couldn't get the smell out (OEM mat did its job). Switched to the Maxpider rear cargo mat and on a scale of 1 to 10, it is a 11 or 12. I really like the looks and velcro like backing of the cargo mat because it stays in place 100%. I would change my 1st/2nd OEM mat; but, the OEM mats are still the 99% solution for New Mexico weather.

#10 ·
And if you like the concept of carpet that catches everything and can be hosed off, the Maxpider 3D carpeted versions are a great buy. Here's a pic of the grey color in my wife's RLX. I have a set in my MDX as well. A great balance between the rubber OEM/WT style and the OEM carpet...

#12 ·
Also from California here, in my previous SUVs I just treated the factory carpet mats as if they were heavy duty rubber. For the majority of the year, regular vacuuming after washes keeps them looking nice. When I go camping/offroading and the mats get caked in mud, I find hosing them down, shampooing, and letting them dry in the sun brings them back to normal. I personally didn't see the value in buying additional mats since the cars already have them, and I enjoy detailing my cars so the extra work of cleaning the carpet mats does not feel like an inconvenience. I do always get rubber liners for the trunk though, typically generic cut-to-size ones that are cheap and expendable.

You could always paint over the logo of other brands with matching black/tan/grey/brown nail polish, but I agree that the WT logo is an eyesore (especially because it's so large).

#14 ·
+1 on the 3D Maxpider. I am a long time fan of the Weathertech for hard core mud use, but the 3D Maxpider is much nicer looking. I bought an Accord with them and was amazed at how nice they look for a rubber mat, so I bought them for the MDX. The texture rubber looks very nice, almost hard to tell it is actually a waterproof material. I'm sure their carpet ones are even better looking.

#16 ·
factory are super. They fit and wear well. I've been thinking of buying another front set and stashing them for when I sell the car. I am almost 70 and have had everything from carpet, sisal mats, factory rubber mats, coco fiber mats, factory pads, aftermarket rubber pads etc and by far these are the best.

#17 ·
I'm pretty disappointed with the fit of the OEM all weather mats. The gap between the edge of the mat and the door sill is large enough that dirt and other crap is always getting in there. Wish the mat also provided better coverage under the pedals.

#21 ·
I've been using weather techs in our MDX and my Rogue for 2.5 years now. One thing for sure is that the tan color started to turn black even after cleaning it, so i dont know how much of an improvement it is over the OEM ones.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Let's say I'm from CA too...and I don't like rubber mats. The OEM are what I choose to run. It's winter and as OCD as I am about keeping the car clean, crap is going to get inside. My goal with running rubber mats is just keeping the wear down on the OEM carpet. Wet shoes pick up grit and turns your soles into 80 grit sandpaper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.