Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think it would be possible?

I absolutely love the White Diamond Pearl color that Acura has on it's other models such as the TL.. now only if that color was an option on the MDX, I'd be all over that. The white looks great that is offered now, but it's more of a taffeta white than a pearl white.

Does anyone have an Havsu blue one yet?

Also, I've been hearing rumors of a possible upgrade to the current MDX engine to bump the HP on it? Has anyone heard something similar to that? Possibly bumping it from a 3.5L to a 3.8? :D

Any thoughts or info would be very helpful.
TIA!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hey EDUB, welcome to the MDX board. I was on the Acura-TL board & traded my TL in on the MDX. I couldn't wait. I LOVE my MDX! It has enough HP for me, the rest of the vehicle is well worth the rest...more room, large NAVI screen, all wheel drive, can haul stuff inside (& out!) w/o putting it on leather seats. Haven't heard about the upgrades for the future x's. I'm to busy enjoying the one I have. LP :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
If the horsepower is increased in 2003 to 260 HP, as I have heard, I hope it's a least the 3.5 L and not the 3.2 L from the 3.2 TL. There would be loss of torque and with a heavy car like the MDX, torque is an important number.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Edub-MDX said:
Also, I've been hearing rumors of a possible upgrade to the current MDX engine to bump the HP on it? Has anyone heard something similar to that? Possibly bumping it from a 3.5L to a 3.8? :D
Welcome to the Board. Do a search on 2003 or engine upgrade or 3.8 and you will find several threads on this speculation. The latest rumor seems to be that the engine will be bumped up to 3.8L but not until MY2004.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lrpba300,

Good to see ya! Hey I've raised my average up 10 points this season.. up to 171 now.. :D

Now that I'm married, I'm looking for a larger vehicle to fit everyone and all the stuff.. not to mention hauling stuff around like you said.. :)
I might even do what you did and trade in the TL for an MDX.. If only they had the WDP.. we'll see when I get closer to the end of warranty..

The X is such a beautiful vehicle.. I can't wait till I get one.. I can just imagine the long road trips and not being all stiff when I get there.. MY2004 would be just about the right time for a change and from Acura's track record, a time for a refresh..

·
Registered
570 Posts
Good work EDUB. I'm almost at 200 finally! I love the MDX, I think you will 2. Have you test driven one yet? I agree w/ you on the White. The current one is very plain, makes the "X" look BIG. WDP would look more refined! Maybe I'll be ready for another by 2004, but I'm going to LOVE mine for now:D
PS.DON'T drive one if you think your going to wait till '04 to get one. They are awesome!;) it'll make ya ansy!

·
Registered
25 Posts
You know, every once in a while folks ask about a power upgrade for the MDX, and I just don't get it! I mean, what do you need more power for? With the MDX I have now, I just point it where I want to go, I stomp the gas, the engine produces this wonderful throaty roar, and I'm there. Are you folks towing large boats or something?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I can never have enough power on my cars:D However, I do agree that MDX is powerful enough for what it is intended for..but more couldn't hurt. BUT, if more power meant less gas mileage, I would rather stick with 240hp.:cool:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Hey Edub-MDX

You can do both:D MDX and TL-S:D :cool: :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts