Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like you pre-buyers will have your steps for Christmas! :D

Shipped 14 more sets out today.....check your email inboxes for tracking info. If you haven't got it, it willl be out the door Monday/Tuesday when the balance arrives.

More stock will be released from American Honda in the coming week, but no guarantees for Christmas on orders that haven't been placed yet.

Today's chrome side step orders shipped to:

Las Vegas NV
Bedford MA
Boston MA
Phoenix AZ
Berkley MA
Snohomish WA
Woodbine MD
Port Orange FL
Campbell CA
Daly City CA
Fair Oaks CA

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Just got mine, came in at 12:30 today. They were not due per the Fedex tracking site until Monday.

Took about 2 hours to install and was very easy to do. Did not even have any extra parts left over.

They look great.:29:

Will try and post a few pictures if it ever stops raining here.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Somebody post some good (close up) pics please. One of my Maniks was damaged and I'm thinking about replacing them with Tim's chrome ones. They appear to be a nicer fit and not as clunky as the Maniks.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
DMor said:
Somebody post some good (close up) pics please. One of my Maniks was damaged and I'm thinking about replacing them with Tim's chrome ones. They appear to be a nicer fit and not as clunky as the Maniks.
Clunky? I don't think they are bad at all but would have gone for the Acura steps if the chrome were available at that time.

That said, I wonder if I can run these into a curb........ :22:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Actually, my left front bracket was bent back from the bottom. I believe they did it when they hoisted the car during service...but can't really prove it. It was really tough to see it, but once I noticed it, it bugged me, so I removed the left one. Because of the weld connecting the bracket to the chrome step, I doubt it can be twisted back into the original straight position, so I think they're "toast".

Passenger side is still perfect, but running around town with ONE sidestep was a little lame...so I removed that one tonight. Anyway, I don't recall hitting anything and based on the position, you'd HAVE to feel the impact. So, it remains an Acurian mystery.

I have noticed it's easier to get in and out tho! I can actually walk up to the side of the car. :4:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
DMor, Welcome back

DMor said:
You know that both rail and TheWorm have posted pictures of their powdercoated OEM steps. They should look very similar.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Tim,

My dealer told me that it will be available in Jan next year. Is this true for the dealer in NY upstate? Or they just don't order it until they sell out everything they have in their shop first? Any idea!

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
DMor said:
Here is a picture, light was not great because of stormy weather.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi BaldEagle:

___Thanks for the close-ups. Those Chrome SS’s look as good as I imagined! Are you thinking about chroming your 02’s Touring wheels in the future possibly?

___As for the weather, it looks like the whole West coast is getting an inordinate amount of rain this winter? I hope some of that makes its way to the Midwest as it has been unusually dry the last few years in some parts.

___And another side note … For stormy weather, your X looks as clean as the day you purchased it. Nice job. Are you for hire? I have three vehicles that need some detailing but it’s a balmy 30 degrees outside ;)

___Thanks again for the pic’s.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
344 Posts
BaldEagle:
Thanks very much for the pics. I am still wringing my hands over which one to order from Tim (chrome/black).

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Bald Eagle,
Nice pics, thanks for posting them. Makes your X look "complete."
I spoke to Tim today and ordered the last chrome sidesteps he had in the warehouse, he shipped them out to me today. Now that I've seen your pics, I'm glad I got my order in on time.
Again, nice looking X. :29:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ready to install - question for you guys

Received my chrome side steps today and have the X all nice and clean (even though it was only 38 degrees out). Was thinking about spraying some of that rubberized undercoating on the brackets once I get them together but was wondering what you guys think. Do the brackets end up taking lots of stone chips and getting rusty?? Even though you can't see them I wouldn't want them to get too trashy under there!!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Re: Ready to install - question for you guys

MDXdogmom said:
Do the brackets end up taking lots of stone chips and getting rusty?? Even though you can't see them I wouldn't want them to get too trashy under there!!

Thanks!!
Good question.

The brackets are painted so my guess is that unless you live where the roads are frequently salted they will not rust.

Chips are a possibility if you travel on a lot of dirt roads.

I'll have to check mine after a few months.

·
Registered
699 Posts
xcel said:
...___As for the weather, it looks like the whole West coast is getting an inordinate amount of rain this winter? I hope some of that makes its way to the Midwest as it has been unusually dry the last few years in some parts...
Long range forecast is for wetter weather in the West, but no relief for the Midwest. :(

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: VERY NICE!!!

DMor said:
Nice and TIGHT against the frame. I like. Thanks for the Pics BaldEagle!

Tim..When's the next special? ;)
Um, after the Holidays for sure.....probably in the spring.

·
Registered
83 Posts
SHOOT!!!

I just did a search for side steps because I'm looking for them right about now, discovered the CHROME ones are now available from Tim, AND discovered I just missed out on the group buy! AWWWWWWWWWWWKKKK!!!!!!! :3:

Tim, I see you don't think another group discount will be offered at least until Spring. Do you know if you'll have any chrome ones available at your regular price before then? Thanks,

lilypad (A Day late and dollar short):confused:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts