Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As another poster wrote here earlier, interior lights seemed to cease working. I've replaced the fuse, but a few days later, noticed the power tailgate lights no longer work (the two lights mounted on the inside of the power tailgate, which turn on when the tailgate is open). The bulbs are ok, as I have tested the bulb receptacles, and they're not getting any voltage, thus, the fuse. However, finding the circuit# of the fuse is nearly impossible. I have checked the driver's side, passenger side, and rear fuse boxes. There are only a few fuses that would refer to interior lights or power tailgate. All seem ok. However, there is a lot of fuses I haven't checked. Those that are simply coded with acronyms. Would anyone have any clue as to what circuit the power tailgate lights run on?

Another issue are the rain sensors for wipers. They stopped working as well. Wipers in the "Auto" position simply run whether it rains or shines. I suspect a fuse as well, but it's impossible to tell which fuse it is.

I'm hoping someone here can help me, so as to avoid a day-long trip into the dealership for something as petty (yet annoying) as this.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Not every electrical issue is due to a blown fuse and even if a fuse is blown, there's a reason it blew - sometimes due to an intermittent short in wiring somewhere.

From your description you have enough issues that you should just take it to the dealer and let them fix it. They have wiring diagrams, hopefully some experience with the wiring on the specific vehicle, and maybe experience with other MDXs with similar issues that they've resolved. I understand the reluctance to take it in but as long as the dealer isn't too far away and they give free loaner vehicles it shouldn't be that bad.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I also do not really see a fuse dedicated to the tailgate lights. I always thought they were on the interior lights fuse.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
There is, at least in my 2G.. Is located in the Rear Fuse Box and its a 7.5A, Controls the Cargo Dome Light and the Lights in the Tailgate.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts

Yeah not seeing it here though. Maybe pull fuse 25 from the passenger side interior fuse so see if the lights on the tailgate go out too.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Its the fuel lid one.
When I was installing my LEDs in the tailgate I accidentally blew that one.. Symptoms are: No Cargo Dome Light, No Tailgate Lights and Fuel Lid wont open (I thought my sub-Harness was bad but it was the fuse).

You can try it out but I dunno if the 3G still uses that circuit.. At least in the 2G if you remove that fuse you wont have Cargo Dome Light and Tailgate Lights.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Yep I went on and Confirmed it.
Since the MDX uses MICRO Fuses and I didn't have those I stole one from my TL-S that uses Mini-Fuses and fit right on is just not flat to the surface:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Haha what the heck that is a weird choice by Honda engineers. I guess they just use whatever is convenient. Thanks for confirming and hopefully the OP can address this by a simple fuse.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
This reminds me I gotta grab a set of Spare MICRO-Fuses... Its a PAIN to remove those suckers when they sit flat into the socket, I already broke the stock fuse puller because they are stuck or glued or who knows? the little fuse puller wasn't strong enough and snapped.
Stupid MICRO-Fuses just look more pretty but are virtually the same size as a MINI-Fuse so I don't know what is the deal with that.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Ohhh and BTW:
If anyone ever breaks its OEM Fuse Puller like me you can get it new, part number is: 38235-TA0-A01
Cost around 3 bucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts