Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone with a moonroof visor find a signicant reduction in wind noise? I rarely open the sunroof because of the noticeable wind noise. I have an X with touring/nav, therefore with roof rack, which maybe a contributor to the noise. I wonder if I should remove the roof rack, is this difficult to do? Probably need to buy a new roof strip to cover the holes.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I have no intention of installing the moonroof deflector, because there is no consensus that it really does much good.

I am planning to remove the rack, after I get used to the noise level and then determine how much it's reduced. I like the looks without the rack, and find it's functionality esp. on the 2002, of limited value.

Yes, I printed out the instructions from an older post on how to remove it, and of course downloading the rack installation instructions from Tim's website for reference.

Bascially it's the installation of 2 new channel trim strips with some clips that hold it in place.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I can't comment on the before/after windnoise because I've always had the visor. However, I do not notice any mentionable wind noise with the deflector. (I don't have a roof rack, mostly because I've heard they are noisy.) Plus, I think it looks good.

The bad news is that it covers 1/3 of the sunroof opening.

No regrets.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Channel Trim Strips

Dale - have you purchased these yet? Dealer or Tim? How much?

Any idea how long the removal would take?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: Channel Trim Strips

Markedoc said:
Dale - have you purchased these yet? Dealer or Tim? How much?

Any idea how long the removal would take?

I'm still waiting for my X. I don't plan to remove the rack right away, but I don't expect the strips would be that expensive.

You can do some searches on the topic, sorry I don't have a link anymore. If you download the installation instructions from hondacuraworld.com you will see there is not much involved installing (or removing) it.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
I usually recommend going to the dealer for the channel mouldings.....they're really long, flexible, and cheap.....and I think that UPS would mangle them if I tried to ship them. The full mouldings should be about $32 per side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts