Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
After I saw this thread, I checked out my moonroof. The seal on the glass itself looks pretty good, this other inner seal was falling off, but this one doesn’t look like it has any adhesive? Has this happened to anyone? Doesn’t seem like a big deal? However doesn’t looks promising in terms of the quality of these moonroofs.
Grille Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper

Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

·
Registered
8 Posts
After I saw this thread, I checked out my moonroof. The seal on the glass itself looks pretty good, this other inner seal was falling off, but this one doesn’t look like it has any adhesive? Has this happened to anyone? Doesn’t seem like a big deal? However doesn’t looks promising in terms of the quality of these moonroofs. View attachment 121363
View attachment 121362
based on my experience working on other cars, that type of seal just presses on over a seam in the metal. I would just try to push it back into place if possible.

·
Registered
‘22 MDX Type S Advance
21 Posts
Grrrr, driving home tonight on the highway and heard some wind noise coming from the sunroof….annnnnnnd the seal is starting to come off the glass. We never use it, so I’m wondering if they just had a bad batch of adhesive or something? It’s been out in this Texas heat a few times and I’m curious if that made the adhesive soft and now it’s starting to come off (otherwise it lives in the garage)? Hopefully this new sun roof and seal they’ve been putting in fixes the issue. The car has been freakin awesome other than a couple little paint things and a noisy steering wheel.

Whelp, guess I’ll go see what they say at the dealership and have all the things looked at 🤨

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive mirror Automotive exterior

·
Registered
‘22 MDX Type S Advance
21 Posts
Acoustic seal looks like outer seal. Not the same seal that's broken from 1st post. I'm still waiting for glass with attached seal and its been 3 weeks already.
Same here. It’s been 3 weeks for me as well on the backorder list 😏. It kept getting worse and worse so since I have my stuff all documented and parts on order, I finally broke down and got some 3M adhesive and fixed it myself. It’s not perfect, but it did the trick and at least it doesn’t make noise anymore while I wait for a new sunroof 🤷🏻‍♂️.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Acoustic seal looks like outer seal. Not the same seal that's broken from 1st post. I'm still waiting for glass with attached seal and its been 3 weeks already.
The seal is coming off again and they went ahead and ordered the front glass section... On backorder but it's sealed enough it isn't making any wind buffering sound at the moment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine got fixed today. Waited for about 2 weeks for the part. They replaced the whole front glass panel. Looking good now. I can finally enjoy driving my car again. The wind noise was so annoying!

·
Registered
‘22 MDX Type S Advance
21 Posts
Mine got fixed today. Waited for about 2 weeks for the part. They replaced the whole front glass panel. Looking good now. I can finally enjoy driving my car again. The wind noise was so annoying!
Is the panel two pieces? Or was it the entire sunroof? Did they change the design of the seal or is it the same set up?

I’m coming up on a month waiting for the parts. Hopefully I hear something soon 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is the panel two pieces? Or was it the entire sunroof? Did they change the design of the seal or is it the same set up?

I’m coming up on a month waiting for the parts. Hopefully I hear something soon 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think it is just the front piece of sunroof got replaced (that can open and close). Visually not noticing any difference for the new one. Not sure whether or what is new. Hopefully the adhesive is better between the rubber and glass.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts