Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec / 2022 TLX Advance
509 Posts
Just got my delivery a week ago and was on a trip.
Drove the car for the first time yesterday and had too much wind noise coming from the sunroof. Opened the sunroof and have the exact same issue.
New car with 30 miles on it.

Found this forum while googling for this issue.

Hopefully the dealer can fix it before a big roadtrip I have coming up next week.
Wow. This has gotta be a defective batch of sunroofs. There’s just no way…

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just got off of phone with the dealership/service department we have been using four years. (In NJ). According to them, Mine is the third one they have seen in the past few weeks.

Obviously a full warranty replacement, and it will be the entire assembly, window included. They thought that the heat was getting to the glue and that was the issue. Who knows?

Recommended that I tape the piece back. Did not want me to glue it, as they thought it may impact the warranty. The assembly piece is on back order so God only knows when we will see it!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Just got off of phone with the dealership/service department we have been using four years. (In NJ). According to them, Mine is the third one they have seen in the past few weeks.

Obviously a full warranty replacement, and it will be the entire assembly, window included. They thought that the heat was getting to the glue and that was the issue. Who knows?

Recommended that I tape the piece back. Did not want me to glue it, as they thought it may impact the warranty. The assembly piece is on back order so God only knows when we will see it!
Oh no…not back order…

It took me 6 months to get in the steering wheel garnish plate (says A-Spec) at the bottom of the steering wheel. That took forever…dealership broke two clips installing the heated steering wheel when I bought it…

I hope yours is not 6 months…

But like the parts guy said - “hey, at least it’s drivable. I’ve got people who are on month 9 of waiting for a quarter panel and can’t even drive theirs. That’s a tough situation. It’s rampant everywhere right now…”

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem. Moonroof seal facing front is coming off. It looks like there is no factory glue residue on the plastic part at all. I don't think factory applied any or very thin layer of it. Moonroof has been opened twice since purchases 2 months ago.

Moonroof part with molding seal was ordered but I'm not really expecting it to arrive on time. Also, I have a bad feeling that same thing will happen with new part.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I’m going to guess Acura is about to get crushed with requests for new sunroofs - of which they will have no way of filling all those requests when they can’t even get simple parts in to fix other cars (all mfgs are having that issue). They will probably send an engineer out to a dealership or two that has a few customers waiting on sunroofs and see If the engineer can apply fixes to those - gonna guess some special glue to reseal it. Once fixes are confirmed, they’ll send out a TSB for all the techs to fix this and this problem will just silently go away.

That’s where I’m putting my money…

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Part? Did they order you a whole new sunroof, or just a rubber seal? Previous member said the sunroofs were on back order - was yours not?
Exactly. Am taping mine up now bc was told an entire new sunroof was ordered. (Or atleast the glass that comes with the rubber surround attached…)

·
Registered
6 Posts
At the dealer currently. They told me not to put any glue on it myself else it would void the warranty.

They’ve applied sealant/glue to it and said not to touch it for 3 hours while it cures. They say this is the fix. I’m all for it if it does really fix the issue. 80 miles on the car currently..

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I tested it after the 3 hours and seems like it’s sorted now. Drove on the highway and the wind noise is gone. Opening and closing it multiple times didn’t seem to affect the fix. Let’s see how it holds up.

the dealer invoice showed the following fix.
08718-0003 ULTRA FLANGE SEALANT

Looks a little crappy, but maybe just needs a wash
Window Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
6 Posts
Keep us posted! If it holds, may have the dealer do that while I am waiting for the full replace. Will look better then my black tape job.
It's not holding.. It's already peeling off after a day and it's left a white residue which looks like ****..
I'm beyond pissed. Anyways, I'm driving on vacation to Colorado from TX next week, hopefully it holds up.
I love having the sunroof open and will continue to open it. I'll be taking duct-tape with me just incase it further comes loose.
I just don't have the time or patience to keep dealing with this **** for a brand new car that I just paid $60K+ for.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts