Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: Mahogany will be ordered for me TODAY!

swhtech said:
I have a friend who does a lot of business with an Acura dealer in Mass.....I called them up and they said that they would place an order for a 182 Mahogany TODAY, with no deposit or sales order because it was from a referral from someone they do a lot of business with. It would have a March build date (obviously because the color is being cancelled) and it would be delivered in late March or early April depending on actual build date. The sales person told me that today is the last day he can order a Mahogany due to the color cancellation....is that possibly true?? Anyhow, I am psyched! I have another order that was placed at the beginning of November with another dealer, and I have no idea when that is slated for delivery....salesmen has not returned my phone calls!
Did you check with Clair Acura, I got a call from Andy Clair on the 11th( and we only stopped by a week before) and he said he just got in a Burgandy Touring MDX, but we had already had our hearts set on a Black/Saddle and could wait til March. I am sure it probably got snatched up by someone as eager as you, but it is worth a try...:D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Clair is actually where the order got placed....my other deposit is at Herb Connolly in Framingham. I dealt with a salesman named Doug, not sure what his last name was....nice guy....my friend told him I was in the market for an X, and he said to have me call him and he would take care of us....can't wait!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Roger your list is great.....until you see no X built when yours was supposed to be. '02 white touring supposedly built 1/27-1/31 and shipped 1/30. Wonder if dealer is taking me for a ride as has been suggested in response to my earlier post today. Could I be missing something? It does not look like my car exists yet! Thanks for your info!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Roger, I get the impression that your allocation list and build dates are for MDXs ordered by YOUR dealership. I also get the impression that some of the forum members think that your allocation list is the Bible for when any MDXs are being built for anywhere. Care to comment?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
frostyra,
The allocation I post monthly is just for my dealership. The reason I post it has nothing to do with what other dealers may be getting as we all recieve different models, colors and numbers of vehicles. It is more for comparison of build dates as Acura tends to paint colors in batches, so if someone is not getting information from their dealer as to build dates it may be helpful determining when certain colors are being built.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Granite Green

Any word on why they discontinued Granite Green, seeing that it was a popular color, and if there will be a dark grey replacement in 2003? I think Acura is now lacking in a dark color alternative to black.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts