Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather than posting this every month on several different threads I will post my monthly allocation here so you can compare what is being built at different times of the month, models colors etc., As I get the build dates I will post them. This may help you determine when your dealer will have certain colors and build dates as Acura tends to paint in batches.

I was also told today that dealers at this time are not being constrained as to what they can order and can pretty much order what they want. This does not mean they can get more MDX's, but if they need certain models or colors they can get them on their allocations.

No Havasu available yet.

www.acurapricing.com/report.htm

·
Registered
17 Posts
You Da Man

Thank you, thank you, Roger. Speaking for myself during the interminable pre-delivery wait, I feel less lost and more in the loop thanks to your efforts and info.

We're lucky to have you.
Bravo.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I agree colliek. My wife and I were told by a salesman at a car show that he isn't getting any red MDX's yet. But I have seen others say they have red and according to RGWomack's list, he will have one in Feb.

Great info RGWomack, I will look forward to seeing your list.

Now I just need to move to Washington :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thank you for this information. I wish that all dealerships can make such information available to their customers. I have been waiting for a Redrock Touring/Nav since 5/1/01. I am the first one on that list but still get nothing from "the 3rd largest Acura dealership in US" (so they claimed). I am starting to wonder if they forgot to order it or they have sold it to someone else.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Your the best!

I just want to echo what others have said that I appreciate your input. Now I can press the numerous dealers to order my Red 188!

rflagg

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, glad to assist.

It was announced in this mornings meeting.
MA/SL Mahogany/Saddle will be discontinued in March.
GR/EN Granite/Ebony will be discontinued in April.

I don't know why, MA was the best selling color with saddle interior last year with Acura. And I sure like the Granite. So if your plans are getting one of these colors, you better have MA on your dealers next month allocation.

Havasu will begin production in April.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Roger:

This is real surprising that Acura is discontinuring the GG. I was not a big favorite of the Mahogany, but certainly thought that the GG was the best color.

Is there a reason for this?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't understand it either, GR/EN was on of my favorites. I would think they would replace the GR/EN with some type of gray color but nothing in the pipe yet. MA was not a big seller at our dealership but I guess nationwide it was the biggest seller with saddle interior. Acura may have a reason but I sure don't know what it is. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I agree that GG/Eboby is a very popular color and the wait times here in the Bay Area are around 6 months for it. I am quite certain that folks who are waiting for it might never see it :(

The MA might have been the popular color with the saddle interior. Had I not been able to get a red rock, MA was my second choice. I am sure glad that I got the red rock though!

·
Registered
86 Posts
We too liked the GG exterior best, but did not want black for the interior. Given the choices available with saddle, MA was the only way to go...

Rail- is it true there is not touch-up paint available? I could not get it a year ago because it seems that mahogany was a late additon to the color chart or something.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just called work, we have 3 bottles of Mahogany touch up paint.
I don't know why no one else seems to have it.

You can email me at: [email protected] or call my parts department at 503.252.2872 and see if its worth shipping.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Don't see too many MAs on the streets

It's interesting that it's the best seller, since I don't see too many on the streets at least here in NY. Most often seen here is SS, then maybe GG, Black, and Meisa Beige.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MDXtrous,
Not the best seller overall, just the best seller with saddle interior. I would guess based on our sales SI/EN would be no.1.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Touch up paint.

When I scheduled my 7500 mile maintenance I requested a bottle of touch up paint for my Mahogany MDX. The dealer said he didn't have any in stock, but would get some.

When I brought the X in the following week he had the touch up paint. No mention of any problems.

When I asked them to order Mahogany touch up paint for a 01 MDX he said that he would need the color code from inside the door. Once I game them the color code, no problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mahogany Popularity

At our dealership here in South Florida, Mahogany is the least popular color. With the Saddle interior, Mesa Beige is number 1, followed closely by Black. Even White and Red are selected twice as often as Mahogany.

We will sorely miss Granite, which was my personal favorite.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Mahogany Popularity

mjhorwitz said:
At our dealership here in South Florida, Mahogany is the least popular color.
mjhorowitz,
Mahogany was not our no. 1 either. That info came out in some national stats from Acura. I wonder where they were most popular?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Question for Roger

My dealer gave me a build date of 1/27 - 1/31 for a 182 Mahogany. Does this sound right to you? Your allocation list is blank for 182 MA/SL. Please advise.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
About this Discussion
50 Replies
24 Participants
DaleB
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing