Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had agreat buying experience at montgomeryville acura and would highly recommend them.

my initial contact was with mike puleo in sales in mid november. he was very knowledgeable and helpful. i needed to trade in a 01 toyota sequoia as part of the deal.the truck was inspected and driven. i was given a trade-in amount that was a bit lower than i wanted. i told mike that i would consider the numbers and get back to him if i felt i wanted to go thru with the deal.

i decided to wait because the trade-in amount was not what i wanted.

i contacted mike around dec 12 to go over the numbers again and to ask hoim if he had any MDXs available. the sticking point of the trade-in amount came up again and i told him the amount i was looking for. he discussed this with his sales manager and decided to match my number. they also honored the 3.49% loan rate that was offered by honda for 60 months.these two factors sealed the deal!

i went into the dealership the next day to review everything with him. i was hoping to get an MDX w/Nav and RES. he told me one was coming in on dec 26.

i placed the order with him- no forced options nor dealer applied undercoatings, scotchguard, etc. the cost was at MSRP. at my request the added bodyside mouldings at a reduced cost.

i picked up the car on dec 27 ( the first day i was able to go in). mike had everything ready as promised. a professionally prepped NHB/ebony.

i was then introduced to the financial manager, garret king. he reviewed all the numbers in detail.he also reviewed different loan situations at my request. this gave me a chase to look for the best situation for me and my family. as he was calculating the numbers he asked me to watch an acura presentation that reviewed extended warranties,etc.

after he was done he reviewed everything with me again until i felt comfortable with all the information. he was very patient, clear, helpful and professional. there was no pressure to buy anything extra. all paperwork was signed and now i was ready to get in the car and go over all the features, etc. with mike puleo.

mike spent over 1 1/2 hours with me reviewing features including the Nav and RES. he knew his stuff.

after we were done i was ready to drive home. but then mike wanted to introduce me to the guys in the service/parts department. he introduced me to steve keller, who is a great guy and told me that he would always give me a dicount on accessories, etc. for example, i ordered an extra set of headphones for the RES. they list for 59.95, but he charged me only 39.95.

because he definitely gave such good discounts, i decided to buy the acura chrome side tubes and have them installed.

i have been very impressed with everyone at montgomeryville acura. i would highly recommend them to anyone considering an MDX or any acura!

MANY THANKS TO MIKE PULEO, GARRET KING, STEVE KELLER and everyone at MONTGOMERYVILLE ACURA in pennsylvania!

sincerely,

chris

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
cmdpm said:

after we were done i was ready to drive home. but then mike wanted to introduce me to the guys in the service/parts department. he introduced me to steve keller, who is a great guy and told me that he would always give me a dicount on accessories, etc. for example, i ordered an extra set of headphones for the RES. they list for 59.95, but he charged me only 39.95.

because he definitely gave such good discounts, i decided to buy the acura chrome side tubes and have them installed.
What was the installed price for the chrome sidesteps?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chrome sidesteps price

the total cost including labor and tax was $700.00.

in this case they still could not beat tim's price, but since they had them in stock and were able to install them on the spot, i decided to get it done.

regards,

chris

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Re: chrome sidesteps price

cmdpm said:
the total cost including labor and tax was $700.00.

in this case they still could not beat tim's price, but since they had them in stock and were able to install them on the spot, i decided to get it done.
Thanks Chris. I was interested as compared to Tim's price since I plan on getting chrome side steps but am still undecided between Maniks and OEM. I plan on trying the install myself but if Montgomeryville was more reasonable I would have given them a call and gone there for the install.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dashkit?

i noticed that you have the 26 piece aluminum dashkit from edashkit.

what do you think about it?
quality?
fit?
ease of installation?

thanks,
chris

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Re: dashkit?

cmdpm said:
i noticed that you have the 26 piece aluminum dashkit from edashkit.

what do you think about it?
quality?
fit?
ease of installation?
Chris,

I won't have my MDX until early next week and only order the edashkit approx 3 hours ago. I hope to have everything installed and pics taken by the end of next week. I'll let you know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts