Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity
how much did you guys pay and how long did you wait for?

my 2001 MDX has touring p./nav all wood interior, all season floor m., running boards, rear wing. cost 43,000. one month wait

·
681 Posts
MSRP - 3 Months

-MSRP - No Forced Options
-Took the overpriced interior package because it guarantees the leather against anything my Grandson can do
_waited a loooooooooooooong three months
Meep Meep

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
MSRP with freebies

John Eagle Acura in Houston www.houstonacura.com

Paid full MSRP; however we got a good deal:
Cargo net & cover free.
Wheel locks free.
Rear Flaps free.
Key chains & Touchup paint free.
Vehicle Protection Plan free.
Roof channel covers free (to remove roof rack).
Window tinting & pinstrips at dealer cost ($100 total).
First two years (24K) maintenance free (6 service visits).

As I said we got a good deal. The free service is valuable; it includes the full factory recommended maintenace for 3750, 7500, 11250, 15000, 18750, & 22250 intervals.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I paid MSRP, no forced accessories. Dealer threw in mudflaps, cargo tray and wheel locks. I waited 4.5 months.

Other dealers in the Boston area quoted less wait if I wanted to buy an X that "was loaded with factory installed options"! When I asked which options, they were the dealer installed ones! LOL

Stickers for those were in the $44,000 range.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I paid $41351 for the options listed below, plus $1525 more for the warranty, plus the usual tax, license etc. The options were my choice, not forced. I paid more to have it all ready, but if I had to do it again I would have bought the options from Tim.

I waited 1 month, but I lucked out as I just happened to call a dealer right after someone dropped out, which put me next on the list for the GG Tour&Nav.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Paid MSRP w/ no forced accessories. Waited 2 1/2 months Paid for dealer installed tow hitch pkg, protection pkg and got free oil changes every 3750 till 60k. All other accessories from Tim at Hondacuraworld and self installed.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Paid MSRP minus $300

Got Wheel locks, mud flaps, cargo cover, separation net, luggage net for free.

Ordered Sept 19, picked up Oct 6, 2000...

Paid $280 for the dealer to install the hitch, got the coolers for free.

Ard

PS MSU- The free service is interesting. As I figure it, that is 6 oil changes, 2 VTM4 changes, an air filer and three tire rotations, plus a bunch of 'checks and inspects'. Parts cost $100. Labor 3-4 hours. Costs him $200. Perhaps more if they give you a loaner ($10 a day).

on the other hand, what would it COST to get the service from the dealer? (Lots of posts on this.) Might not be a bad tactic for the dealer- gets you coming back, hardly costs him anything, and any warranty work he picks up.

Might not be a bad item to negotiate for! A win-win. You save a bunch and it doesn't cost the dealer too much.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
After being on a waiting list for several months, got aggresive. Spent 2 long weeks looking [must have contacted 25 dealers]. Found one, waited 2 weeks, and picked it up.

Paid MSRP, did not get any free Acura options, did get a Christmas teddy bear [permanent passenger in the X].

·
Registered
442 Posts
Paid MSRP and waited 8 months(!). Could've got one sooner from the dealer in town but they're notorious for loading all their 'X's with $2000.+ worth of options, many of which I didn't want. Had my dealer install the side steps and lower (front) trim. The rest I got from Tim, of course.

·
Registered
121 Posts
paid msrp, got no accessories, just and "thanks for your business" and they sent me on my way

only waited 2.5 days though ! :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
our story...

Paid $500 under MSRP. Waited 5 months. Got wheel locks, rear flaps and cargo liner free. Supposed to have gotten Acura mugs mailed to us, but still have not seen them! Also negotiated furiously for extended warranty and scheduled maintenance plan -both for $1600.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Paid MSRP and waited 8 weeks. Got a decent trade allowance though for my piece of #$%! Saab 9-5 that went through several starters and direct ignition boards all within 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
285 Posts
4 days... MSRP with free stuff thown in by dealer...

we got lucky... placed our order last saturday, april 13th, got a call from the dealer on april 16th saying the car was already on their parking lot... i think what happened was that someone ordered one and later decided to cancel the order, and we were just at the right place and the timing was right... we paid MSRP on it but the dealer threw in the rear mud guards, moon roof visor, body side molding, wheel locks and VIN etching for free... it's been a very nice experience with the sales person... he also gave us a very good trade-in value for our old car...

usually the waiting time here in north texas is around 2-3 weeks... and nobody is paying over MSRP... i've tried three dealerships, and everytime i was quoted for MSRP, they always agreed to throw in some free accessories...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts