Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a Momo knob (Anatomico wood and leather).

Has anyone installed a wood Momo? If so, does the wood match the MDX fake wood?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
A friend of mine has a Momo shifter on his car and he is upset that the silver finish is flaking off the nob. Go with the Type-S nob. It comes from Acura for Acura and looks sporty.

·
Registered
206 Posts
formerjeeper said:
I'm thinking of buying a Momo knob (Anatomico wood and leather).

Has anyone installed a wood Momo? If so, does the wood match the MDX fake wood?
Just got my MOMO Tall Anatomico wood & leather knob last night. But bad news: won't work on MDXs!....Acura shaft is too small, screws that come with MOMO (even the long ones) are too short. Called MOMO today, no longer screws....they suggested Home Depot...predict my chances at less than 10%......very disappointing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stumpie

Thanks for the heads up. Let us know how you make out. I wonder if a machinist could make up a sleeve which when screwed on to the shaft would be the right size for the Momo. Very disappointed!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Momo shift knobs - Breakthru !

stumpie said:

Just got my MOMO Tall Anatomico wood & leather knob last night. But bad news: won't work on MDXs!....Acura shaft is too small, screws that come with MOMO (even the long ones) are too short. Called MOMO today, no longer screws....they suggested Home Depot...predict my chances at less than 10%......very disappointing.
Beat the odds....here's what you do for all of you that, like myself, think the Acura wood shift knob - while nice - can be significantly improved on: All of the MOMO shift knobs (i bought mine from imotorgear.com...there's like over 50 of them) come with these 3 screws that triangulate onto the cars shift shaft...I went to my local Orchard Supply Hardware store (i luv that store) and they have the same screws, but slightly longer: 10/32x3/8.....called 'socket set screw'...cost is all of 44 cents. You get them home, file each of them down just slightly and you're set. May sound like a lot of work, but total minutes expended this morning was abou t30 minutes.

Will post pictures when I get back from Xmas trip to Florida. An added bonus is that the entire shaft is now lower...always thought the stock one was excessively tall.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Re: Momo shift knobs - Breakthru !

stumpie said:
An added bonus is that the entire shaft is now lower...always thought the stock one was excessively tall.
stumpie,

can't wait for your pictures. i have thought about this tall shaft problem before as well, i don't think i have read about people complaining though. certainly would love to see your modification and how it looks.

-henry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts