Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods,

I see three photos of an MDX on the top banner, any chance to get one of those photos changed to show a Gen 1 (up to 06) version due to the amount of us posting on here?

Just a thought.

Thanks for your consideration.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is pure speculation, but I wonder if it has anything to do with advertising dollars. Acura wants to sell NEW MDX's. Again, pure speculation, so no flaming lol.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I believe they used to have the first gen MDx before the 2010 facelift were here. They probably update it to the newest models to keep it modern.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No formal answer? Come on, I can understand 2/3 photos being second generation MDXs but not even 1/3 first gen? Boooooo.

·
Administrator
213 Posts
Park a Gen1 MDX next to a Gen3 MDX, ask a random person walking by to point at the Acura MDX.

9 out of 10 would probably point at the Gen3.

Secondly, due to copyright issues, our Creative Department might not have been able to find suitable stock open-licensed images of Gen 1's to use when they updated the header banner. Obviously we can't just troll Google images for pictures and pick any one we like...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Park a Gen1 MDX next to a Gen3 MDX, ask a random person walking by to point at the Acura MDX.

9 out of 10 would probably point at the Gen3..
Separate issue, but is the 07+ gen really split into two gens? Because of a different nose?

If so, why isn't the 01-06 set up into separate gens? Double exhaust, more power, different transmission in the 03-04 update.

I always thought there were only 2 gens so far, the up to 06 as gen 1 and the post 07 as gen 2.

·
Registered
265 Posts

Secondly, due to copyright issues, our Creative Department might not have been able to find suitable stock open-licensed images of Gen 1's to use when they updated the header banner. Obviously we can't just troll Google images for pictures and pick any one we like...
I understand the 2nd reason...about the copyrighted images, but I do not agree with your first statement. With all due respect I think it will be the opposite there are more gen 1 in the streets....most people I know confuse the mdx with the rdx due to the new design. I don't wanna be banned or anything just my 2cents...I think the most active users have 1st gen....afterall it came out first right? your first statement is just probably as you said...but anyway thanks for providing an awesome community for this great vehicle!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Separate issue, but is the 07+ gen really split into two gens? Because of a different nose?

If so, why isn't the 01-06 set up into separate gens? Double exhaust, more power, different transmission in the 03-04 update.

I always thought there were only 2 gens so far, the up to 06 as gen 1 and the post 07 as gen 2.
I think 04 to 06 is redesigned gen1 and 07 up is facelifted so it's gen 2;) but I get your point...I'm really trying to get those 25 additional hp from the 04 on my 01 cuz the tranny I already fixed

·
Registered
180 Posts

If I took some Pics of my Gen 1 would that work?

·
Administrator
213 Posts
Thanks for the offer littleazn248, but probably not.
I'm just the forum manager here - my main duties are moderation stuff - banning spammers, etc. I have no control over the aesthetic look of the forums.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts