Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can see on my gauge cluster where the break hold indicators are. I was curious if anybody has come up with a way to modify the 2014 MDX with this system. I have an adv 2014 MDX. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what year you have but can you see as well on dash were it has the indicator for that option I feel there should be a way to do this. Do we know if the Canada version had this option on 2014? I know they had the folded mirrors where we didn't.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Not sure what year you have but can you see as well on dash were it has the indicator for that option I feel there should be a way to do this. Do we know if the Canada version had this option on 2014? I know they had the folded mirrors where we didn't.
All the MDXs use the same dash. Just because when the light is right you can see the indicator doesn't mean the electronics are there. What makes you think there should be a way to do it?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Brake hold? Who needs such as that on an automatic? Or even a stick for that matter...if I am thinking of the right thing. My Sons MINI has it, hill hold assist or something like that, I don't like it.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Brake hold? Who needs such as that on an automatic? Or even a stick for that matter...if I am thinking of the right thing. My Sons MINI has it, hill hold assist or something like that, I don't like it.
Actually my hybrid has it. You have to turn it on. It can come in handy when you are stuck by a train. The hybrid shuts the motor. You can relax your foot while the train is passing. I haven't used it yet.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Automatic BRAKE hold is a standard feature (on my '17 Adv)...I guess no one reads the owners manual?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
It was added in 17. The op is just saying that our dash has a place for it already if you look closely at the parts that never light up and was wondering if anyone has tried a retrofit to add it to 14-16 models. I know some vw and bmw models can get the feature just by simply swapping out the button, but they have an electronic parking brake switch to start vs our manual step pedal.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
It was added in 17. The op is just saying that our dash has a place for it already if you look closely at the parts that never light up and was wondering if anyone has tried a retrofit to add it to 14-16 models. I know some vw and bmw models can get the feature just by simply swapping out the button, but they have an electronic parking brake switch to start vs our manual step pedal.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
You said it better than I would have. I would have asked,why the insult.

·
Registered
499 Posts
If any delicate flowers had to go to their safe space because of my hurtful insult, my apologies. I was not aware that the feature was added in '17, time for a sword fall.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I guess I still don't see the benefit of this feature....carry on...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts