Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for an answer to this question but none of the previous threads mentioned anything about it.

Anyway, here's my question: What is the required torque for the long flange bolts that connect the side steps bracket assembly to the underside of the MDX?

In the instructions sheet that was provided in the hondacuraworld website, the torque value for the bolts that hold the "A" and "B" brackets (steps 1 and 2) together and the bolts that secure the side steps to the "A" brackets were given as 18lb-ft (steps 4). It never mentioned to tighten the long flange bolts at all. It just says to repeat steps 1 - 5 for the other side.

However, there was an expanded view of the bracket assembly on page 2, bottom right corner, just above step 6 that shows a torque value (18 lb-ft) for short flange bolts and the arrows are actually pointing at what should have been the long flange bolt. Is that a misprint? Can I assume that the instruction should say long flange bolt?

If it is, I just want to make sure that I torque those bolts properly so that I don't have to worry about stripping the thread or the bolt coming out loose.

Thanks for any input. I will post the installation photos when the side steps arrive.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts