Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Midnight Blue Pearl on order. I have seen the web pics from Honda's web site of the MBP Odyssey. I was a tad underwhelmed. Since those pics don't typically translate well to how good they look in person, I didn't think much of it. This weekend though, I saw an MBP Odyssey in person. Mind you, it was pretty dirty, but the color seemed rather dull. Has anyone else seen the Odyssey in that color?

My second choice is RR and with the MOVE orders going in by tomorrow, I would need to let my dealer know ASAP. After seeing it in person this weekend, I'm not so sure of my choice.

Any thoughts?

*Edit*
I was looking at odyclub.com and from what I have been able to tell, it might not have been a MBP. I don't know one way or the other.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Blue was our first choice but they dont' have them yet for 2002. We ended up with Red which is a very nice color. I think you should check out the new blue cars instead of an old one which you don't know what kind of maintenance it went through. Then, you can make your decision. Just my opinion. :eek:

Good luck!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2003 MBP Odyssey

From Honda's web site, 2003 MBP Odyssey:

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
i normally would recommend going with the redrock, but since i chose this fantastic color, i have no choice but to discourage others since it seems to be the rarest color choice(in northern illinois at least).

but seriously, i dont like red usually, but in the mdx and with the slightly darker shade of red offered, it is a beautiful choice. its looks completely different based on the lighting

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I just spoke to the dealer and they have already placed their orders (geez, they have until tomorrow :) ). They did not order a RR with Navi and RES so I can't just grab another from the first batch). So, I can change my order and wait for the next round of ordering (or a different dealer) or stay in line for the MBP. I have decided that I will keep my place in line (#1) for the MBP and decide once I have seen the MDX in MBP (pics or in person) whether I am going to jump ship and go for the Red. My gut feeling is that I will end up switching. I'll probably have to start a savings fund for all the tickets I am going to get in the RR.

·
Registered
117 Posts
AikiMDX said:
Well, I just spoke to the dealer and they have already placed their orders (geez, they have until tomorrow :) ). They did not order a RR with Navi and RES so I can't just grab another from the first batch). So, I can change my order and wait for the next round of ordering (or a different dealer) or stay in line for the MBP. I have decided that I will keep my place in line (#1) for the MBP and decide once I have seen the MDX in MBP (pics or in person) whether I am going to jump ship and go for the Red. My gut feeling is that I will end up switching. I'll probably have to start a savings fund for all the tickets I am going to get in the RR.
AkiMDX,
Don't worry, I think the MBP would look good. I have seen it on an Odyssey and it looks almost black...I've seen it on other SUV's and it looks good. The reason I chose RR is becuz I have a MBlue Maxima.

I agree with Belosh, the RR changes color based on lighting ... ranging from bright red to almost maroon! So, if you normally lean towards darker color, go with the MBP.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Midnight Blue Too

I also ordered the Midnight Blue but I'd like to see it on a vehicle first. The on line colours are very hard to judge. Lighting makes a big difference.

I hope I'll like it when I see it!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Midnight Blue Too (maybe)

I am also in the same boat. Am coming upon the deadline in a few weeks to place an October order. 1st choice is Midnight Blue, but I will not order until I see in person. Hopefully dealer will get one in October so I can see before I order.

Is there anyone out there yet that has actually seen an MDX in Midnight Blue?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Why don't you drive by a Honda showroom and see it in person on the Odyssey?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I work down the street from the local Honda dealer (Honda and Acura right next door to each other with equally bad management) and haven't seen one yet even though I drive by it almost every day. Thanks for the suggestion though. If I do see one, I might grab the digi cam and go back for a pic.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was in South Bend, IN last weekend and went to a Honda Dealer to see if they had a MB Odyssey. They didn't, but told me to find a 1999 Odyssey instead, which apparently came in MB. Yea right.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Midnight blue YAHOO

Triple7 said:
I was in South Bend, IN last weekend and went to a Honda Dealer to see if they had a MB Odyssey. They didn't, but told me to find a 1999 Odyssey instead, which apparently came in MB. Yea right.
The Odyssey did come in "Deep velvet blue pearl" in 99' only. It is a very dark blue but unlikely the same as Midnight. I have not seen the Midnight on anything but small squares at Edmunds which are terrible.

At the Acura dealer we saw an 03' TL in Aegean Blue Pearl. The dealer said this is a similar color to the Midnight blue. Sometimes the same color on a different vehicle can look totally different so looking at the above cars might not be very helpful. I am planning on making the final decision when we see it in person. :10:

One of the reasons we decided on the MDX over the Pilot is that it came in a dark blue with a light interior (Saddle). This may be a beauty in the eye of the beholder but I really like the Aegean and the Deep velvet. :29: I am hoping my Midnight looks as good if not better.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Midnight Blue Blues

Thanks for the suggestion of looking at the Odyssey,and Iwould if I could. Unfortunately Canada gets a more limited colour selection for all modelsb (did you know that is how we spell colour in Canada), including no Midnight Blue Odyssey. It is a bit strange since Odyssey and MDX and others are made in Canada. I guess the smaller market just means they can't justify the full range of choices.

I'll have to see one when they arrive.

·
Registered
71 Posts
American Blue Spy Required

One of you has probably seen a Midnight Blue Odyssey on a Honda lot. My salesman here says he has seen, and the blue shade is similar to the blue exterior, on the semiclassic dark blue exterior and tan interior on the Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer models that were everywhere a few years ago.

Is he right? Happy for informed views.

·
Registered
570 Posts
For those interested, here is a pic that's real close to Midnight Blue Pearl on a Acura TL-S

Attachments

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
MB on '03 X

Saw the blue TL at the dealer today. He tells me that blue is way lighter than the MB on the '03MDX. The MB should look awesome, very deep, and very classy.
My '02 White MDX delivered on Monday, had windows tinted dark and added rear air deflector. Will bring home tomorrow. After 3 weeks of waiting, I'm excited about finally getting it.

'02 Touring w/Nav. All the bells and whistles, but not quite where a lot of you are.

'01Camry
'72 Mini Cooper:D

·
Registered
570 Posts
Re: MB on '03 X

greatscot said:
Saw the blue TL at the dealer today. He tells me that blue is way lighter than the MB on the '03MDX. The MB should look awesome, very deep, and very classy.................................
Are you sure you weren't looking at the Aegean Blue Metallic? It maybe closer to an old color they had on the '00 TL called Monteray Blue Metallic (sp). The pic I posted maybe the Internal Blue they have in Canada. See if they have an RSX. It uses that color & it's close to MBP:4:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
On the eighth page of the 'thin' 03 brochure there is a picture of a Premium MDX in MBP. It is closest to a "true navy blue". It has no purple, no green, no turquois, no sky blue, no electric blue. I do not think the photo on the Oddy site is a good representation. For one the 'button' that you pick to paint the Oddy MBP is almost cornflower blue (from your crayola days). More importantly the photo has (on my monitor) a dull grey undertone that is NOT present in the brochure. The "color swatch" in the brochure has no such grey underton either. BTW I have several friends in the printing business, and though the swatch is not actually paint, it is possible to get a match that is very very close to the paint.

I do not think a scanned image of the brochure would capture the info as well. Get a brochure!

The "eternal blue pearl" is a brighter color than the MBP. Honda uses on lots of cars, and I think it has just a bit of purple. MBP is much darker. Ought to look a mile deep with a few coats of Zaino :D

Lrpba300 said:

Are you sure you weren't looking at the Aegean Blue Metallic? It maybe closer to an old color they had on the '00 TL called Monteray Blue Metallic (sp). The pic I posted maybe the Internal Blue they have in Canada. See if they have an RSX. It uses that color & it's close to MBP:4:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2003 MBP from brochure

Here ya go.....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Yup, that's the image!

And, like I thought, on my monitor that shows up MUCH BRIGHTER than my brochure!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts