Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I have a Midnight Blue Pearl on order. I am posting to see if any have taken delivery on one or has good pictures. The pictures that were posted of the White 03 are beautiful. I am thinking about switching to White. Someone help before I make the switch.

I love in Long Island does anyone know a deal that has a blue on display in NYC?

·
Registered
112 Posts
My vote is white...but I'm biased!

I have an '02 white touring - and I LOVE IT!!!!! It is such a pure white - if that makes any sense - that is very striking! I get tons of compliments on it all of the time......however, that could be because the 'X looks so great in general! I am sure the blue would be amazing - but it would require a lot more detailing - although I do a lot of Zainoing on mine!

Good luck - either would be beautiful!

'X Mom

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
ShockWavesMDX said:
Hello All

I have a Midnight Blue Pearl on order. I am posting to see if any have taken delivery on one or has good pictures. The pictures that were posted of the White 03 are beautiful. I am thinking about switching to White. Someone help before I make the switch....
IMO, keep the Midnight Blue Pearl.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi ShockWavesMDX:

___Both are great colors for the X. If you are into detailing your X all the time, go with the Midnight Blue Pearl. If you are into detailing your X ~ 1/3 that amount, go with the Taffeta White ;) Than again, Midnight Blue once Zaino’ed has got to look as spectacular as some of the NBP’s do …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
How about Nighthawk Black Pearl over MBP. I can't wait any longer (my lease is running out). I can get NBP this week and MBP no earlier than Nov 19. I am pushing for NBP while my wife still wants the sporty look of MBP. Any Help will be appreciated...

:4:

·
Registered
65 Posts
desiGuy -

The other thing to consider here is interior color. If you prefer ebony, then NBP would be a better choice since MBP only comes in saddle...

Tough choice. Sooner is better than later, but both will have about the same "exterior maintenance" (Zaino of course).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well atleast one common ground - we both want Saddle. Going to NBP is causing me to make following changes
- Use Running boards instead of Side Steps
- Not get Deflactor

Its going to be more classic than sporty now.

Do you agree with approach or am I just over analyzing...

·
Registered
259 Posts
For what it's worth, I get a lot of comments from folks who see my NBP parked at night...it sort of has this bluish tint when outdoor light hits it....everyone says they haven't seen any color like it anywhere....

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am sure what ever you decide will look sharp. It's better to agonize now that to regret later - just make sure you get your accessories from Tim!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Two years ago when I was considering ONLY the TL as my next vehicle I was set on Taffeta White. Then Acura replaced Taffeta with Pearl White which I did not want. I consider it a very fortunate circumstance that Taffeta is still available on the MDX and made my choice easily.

My reasoning for the Taffeta White over the other colors: time. When I was 21 years old I could spend 8 hours on a Saturday detailing my car. Now, a bit long in the tooth I find that my spare time is much more valuable and I know I won't spend it on a car. Dark colors ALWAYS look better cleaned and waxed but easily look dirty after it rains, or a few days of dry but ordinary driving. I had a black Explorer for a year - I know. Light color cars - especially white, always look clean even when they're dirty. The downside is that you won't feel the appreciation after a long afternoon of cleaning your baby - it won't be as noticeable as a clean, dark color.

Mesa Beige was going to be my second choice for the same reasons as above and now it's not available.

FWIW.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
White with Quartz Leather

I am going to change to white becuase I really dont thing I am going to want to keep this thing washed and waxed everyday. I hate the brown leather or saddle as they call it. Is the Quartz Grey ? Does any have a 03 with Quartz or a Honda with Quartz?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Re: White with Quartz Leather

ShockWavesMDX said:
I am going to change to white becuase I really dont thing I am going to want to keep this thing washed and waxed everyday. I hate the brown leather or saddle as they call it. Is the Quartz Grey ? Does any have a 03 with Quartz or a Honda with Quartz?
I don't believe any MDX's with Quartz are made yet. The RL has Quartz as an interior option. I'm not sure about the Pilot.

I hope you aren't swayed to white solely by my post about the upkeep of a dark car. Get what you want and will be happy with. I would also add that the Taffeta White is a non-metallic paint which will make touch-ups or ding-repairs easier and less expensive. I considered the quartz interior but felt that white-on-beige looked classy. Since 1994 when I first saw an ES300 in white/beige I've wanted that color scheme. It just looks classy. I'm also going to pick up chrome side-steps to accent the doors and interior trip and I'm going to cover the sim-u-wood with Avery Vinyl (9 year stuff) with a metallic aluminum color since there is no aluminum trim option for the MDX like there is for the RSX.

Here is an example of the style I'm looking at:

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29711&highlight=vynel

click the links to the images to see it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Re: White with Quartz Leather

ShockWavesMDX said:
One of the primary reasons we chose the MDX over the Pilot is the color. Midnight blue with Saddle is my favorite combination period.

The final choice is up to you, but I would not want to be seen driving what looks like a "fleet vehicle". :12:

What ever you get I am sure you will be happy.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Go Blue. It's different.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm going to terminate my '01 MDX lease early and get an '03. I've had my black '01 for 2 years now, and as far as I'm concerned it's 18 months too long. Black is a bi*ch to keep clean, esp because of the blue metallic tint to the color.

A pure black would be better in my opinion. In any case, while black looks great clean, it looks like sh*t when dirty. And keeping such a large vehicle washed and waxed is really too time consuming. Next MDX will be silver...probably the best color as far as looking good even when dirty.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
ShockWavesMDX,

Go with the Taffeta White. It is a nice color and your MDX will look great all washed and waxed, and will look good even if it is a little dirty.:29:

·
Registered
319 Posts
There's another advantage to white, it won't show scratches. The clear-coat paint over all the colors turns white when scratched. I've owned Black, Dark Green, Dark Blue, and White vehicles. White is by far the easiest to maintain.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts