Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I searched and saw one other topic discussing this. http://www.mdxers.org/forums/94-thi...rear-seat-squeak-problem-resolved-so-far.html,
However after spraying around under there, the noise is still there. Maybe I didnt hit the right spot. Like the other poster, I took my car to the dealership where they proceeded to "fasten the bolts down" which resulted in no change. This is a 2015 Tech SHAWD with 36.5k miles. I know she aint brand new anymore but Jesus sounds like this drive me insane.

Here is a video of the sound: Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Anyone have any clue??

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have had two distinct noises from the rear seat of my '17 MDX. The first was a defect in the reclining mechanism that would clunk over bumps. The second was a creaking sound from the right rear seat when the body flexed or I went over bumps. That one was solved by loosening the bolts and re-torquing them. But the sound was different than the one in your video. Yours sounds a lot like the creaking/squeaking of the springs or metal supports within the seat itself, rather than a mounting point underneath. Hard to tell without being there in person, but that's my first impression. Does the sound change when the seat slides forward or when it's in the "get in the 3rd row" position? Does it change when the seatback is folded over? That will help to eliminate things like the seat rail/mount or the reclining mechanism....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will have to re check again later, but I'm almost positive that I cannot replicate the sound unless the seat is in the normal sitting position. And it doesn't make any sounds at all while driving unless someone is sitting there which pushes down where I pushed down in the video.

Edit Update: I checked it out and when the back is down, if I push down, I still hear it. However, when the seat is set to move forward to access the third row (I.e pressing the button) if I push down, the sound cannot be replicated.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Hmm that is like mine then. They torqued down my rail as well, but i didn't ask to what torque. They said they had to loosen it first then tighten it back down. But they also broke some plastic in the process and had to replace those as well lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.