Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time to get my MDX some new tires. Discount tire says Yokohama tires are just as good as Michelin's, but my dealership is saying to stay away from Yokohama's. Does anyone have any experience with Yokohama's on their MDX?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I question your dealer's motive to completely downplay the Yokos...
Did they give any reasons as to why the Yoko are not suitable??
... I suspect more of a back office sales pitch/deal from Michelin.. sell XX amount of tires ... get a $$ kickback..
My 2c.

·
Registered
162 Posts
as well....
I will be in the same situation next spring.. looking for a new set of 19" summer/ all-season.. and Michelin is at the bottom the my choices.. I find the ride on Michelins rather hard/stiff.
My preferred brand is General.. I am now on my second set and a half on my TL [... yes...half.. the Mrs. destroyed 2 tires in the space of 3 weeks .. one was a monster pothole the punctured the sidewall and another due to FOD on the Hway...]

Unfortunately, General has only 1 tire for 19"s, its an awesome high performance tire.. but the UTCG on that tire is about 300.
I would like a tire that is not that soft, I need it to deliver higher mileage.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I have good experience with Yokos (520s, 580s) on my TL-S but my current set of Pirellis Scorpion Verde in my MDX are AWESOME! Completely blows the Michelins Tour HPs out of the water.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Its time to get my MDX some new tires. Discount tire says Yokohama tires are just as good as Michelin's, but my dealership is saying to stay away from Yokohama's. Does anyone have any experience with Yokohama's on their MDX?
There is no reason the Yokohama tires will not perform as good as the Michelin OE tires that came on your MDX. There is a 4th of July sale at your local Discount Tire stores this Friday and Saturday that can save you some money on either Michelin or Yokohama tires at your local store. Here is a link to the sale:

Discount Tire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.