Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, I am relocating to Miami in June. Any general recommendations and recommendations on a good tinting shop?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,544 Posts
rlm32 said:
Finally, I am relocating to Miami in June. Any general recommendations and recommendations on a good tinting shop?
Just keep your wife, or significant other away from Bal Harbor shopping center. The last visit to Miami was scary. We had to purchase additional luggage to bring back the extra stuff. The Ms. did some real damage... :rolleyes: :headshake
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,738 Posts
Re: Re: Miami

mdxxxx said:


Just keep your wife, or significant other away from Bal Harbor shopping center. The last visit to Miami was scary. We had to purchase additional luggage to bring back the extra stuff. The Ms. did some real damage... :rolleyes: :headshake
Could have bought another X to carry it all back? :2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,102 Posts
mdxxx,

LOL!!!:D When my wife and I were in Hawaii for our honeymoon she packed an extra suitcase for shoes and stuff she found while we were there. Woman... you cant live with them or with out them!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
If you haven't lived in South Florida, but you feel like you're street-smart -- be extra careful and remember that all that glitters isn't gold. After you get there, get settled in and meet some people, maybe co-workers or neighbors and ask them for referrals.

Also, if you don't speak Spanish, you might consider a lesson or two (I'm not kidding nor am I being racist, it's just a fact of life in Miami). If you decide to relocate in the Palm Beach County area I could give you a great tint shop referral!

South Florida is great but you have to be extra cautious, and patient -- there seems to be an unwritten rule about people NOT doing things quickly (except driving - the speed limit is just a reminder that there might be cops around, the real speed limit is 'how ever fast it goes until you come to something that makes you stop!')
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AcuraMDX2002 said:
If you haven't lived in South Florida, but you feel like you're street-smart -- be extra careful and remember that all that glitters isn't gold. After you get there, get settled in and meet some people, maybe co-workers or neighbors and ask them for referrals.

Also, if you don't speak Spanish, you might consider a lesson or two (I'm not kidding nor am I being racist, it's just a fact of life in Miami). If you decide to relocate in the Palm Beach County area I could give you a great tint shop referral!

South Florida is great but you have to be extra cautious, and patient -- there seems to be an unwritten rule about people NOT doing things quickly (except driving - the speed limit is just a reminder that there might be cops around, the real speed limit is 'how ever fast it goes until you come to something that makes you stop!')
Thanks for the input. Im actually Puerto Rican, so no spanish lessons needed;) The weather won't bother me since I grew up in the island and Im used to it. As a matter of fact, I prefer that to the insane cold out here in Ohio. The way I see it, it is a small price to pay to be able to walk along the beach wearing shorts in December. I have several friends there, so hopefully the transition will be a smooth one. Thanks for the advice:cool:;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
840 Posts
Enjoyin' the sun!!!

I'm here in Miami now on vacation. Kicks a$$, 90 degrees, while back home it's frigid. Yuck! Totally need this. Heh. :p

I already saw A LOT more MDXs than I expected! Geez, this place as always is a car show...I can't wait till Fri/Sat to see all the latest and coolest machines. Today I saw a Corvette Indy 500 Pace Car (you know that Purple one with yellow stripes and wheels...looks brutal). :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
miami drivers are the so bad for the most part
very impatient. i could not go out the street without hearing anybody honking their horn. they cut you off all the time.
Miami drivers have the best eyes though. they squeeze 3 street names in 1 standard street sign. I don't get it!!!

I always see drivers driving 1 hand w/ a celphone and 1 in the steering wheel, sometimes the other hand is also writing. And most of them are middle aged women.

1 day my wife witnessed 2 car crash in 1 day. scared her bad!!

people expect you to speak spanish here, and most get frustrated if you don't speak spanish

only good in miami are the shopping malls and the parade of new model cars. i see ferrari on the road every weekend.

one thing for sure, i would not raise my kids here in miami
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
yeh miami is fun, but u are right, people are impatient and are also rude if u cant speak spanish. kind of strange when WE ARE IN AMERICA, and these aliens want us citizens to speak there language. Good things are u do see phat ass cars, ferrari's. lambos and vettes galore. U do see tons of MDXs here, and lots of other SUVs which is weird since there isnt any snow around here, but, i really really want one as well, but i may not be only just interested in the X, i checked out the FX35 and it was phat as hell, seeen a few around s fl. we wil se.
wg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
You guys are hilarious with your descriptions and rags on Miami. I live in Ft Lauderdale, have no trouble witho nly speaking English. The drivers are a bit impatient and not the best in the world. You can raise kids in South Florida in a safe manner. All you outsiders love to make fun of South FLorida but also love to come visit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
I hope you didn't include me in your "rags on Miami" comment - I actually like Miami but thought a word of caution was in order. As it turned out no words of caution were needed!

Miami is like having a cosmopolitan, and somewhat foreign, Caribbean country just down the interstate from me (I'm in West Palm Beach). I lived in Miami from '87 to '90, had kids in elementary school, and had no problems with the exception of not being able to speak the language! The drivers in Miami aren't any worse than in Ft. Lauderdale or West Palm Beach, there's just more of them!

Have fun in Miami and don't forget that it's also very close to one of the best vacation spots (even for Floridians) -- The Keys
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,109 Posts
URIRx98 said:
kind of strange when WE ARE IN AMERICA, and these aliens want us citizens to speak there language.
...well the Spanish were here before the British, and the majority of the English speaking population in SF only moved there after the air-conditioner was invented.

these aliens? Who isn't an alien in SF? :p Even the Palm trees are.

Atten: regarding the comments about SF drivers - most are northern transplants :p

SF is great, just wish it had a little more variation among seasons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
zafer said:


SF is great, just wish it had a little more variation among seasons.
Especially this year -- we've been screwed out of our winter by having so much unbearable heat and humidity for the past several weeks. Feels just like summer around here!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
zafer said:

Atten: regarding the comments about SF drivers - most are northern transplants :p
One of the funniest bumperstickers I've seen down here is "When I retire I'm going to buy a big car, move up north, and drive real slow!"
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top