Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
This is my advice ;) it will be fine. It is long lasting, same thing goes for cat gaskets(and they are real gaskets, not rings/donuts) There was no difference new vs old...
Did you ever tried to take that ring out? genuine question.
There are 3 gaskets on the J-Pipe.... I've taken mine off on my 08 (same as 10) and had to replace all the rusted nuts and studs, along with the gaskets. Please take a look at the pic, # 7 & 14

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
There are 3 gaskets on the J-Pipe.... I've taken mine off on my 08 (same as 10) and had to replace all the rusted nuts and studs, along with the gaskets. Please take a look at the pic, # 7 & 14
Lol I know that there are rings, just saying it can be reused. Like i did many times... On MDX and TL
Now about terminology, back in the day, when I went to school these were called crush rings, not gaskets.
And it was long time ago hahah.
And we called gaskets: 20200118_141130.jpg

Not sure about MDX, but it was pain in the butt to replace them in other cars, please don't shoot me, because I have different experience and opinion.
I have another shocker, never changed oil drain plug washer and it is still not leaking :)
When you changed yours, did it go in without issues?

·
Registered
68 Posts
When you changed yours, did it go in without issues?
The only issue I had was the gaskets themselves. I could not reuse them. I had to dig them out of the groove. When removing them, they fell apart in pieces. Also, Im in NJ and all the studs and nuts were rusted. Even with heat and rust penetrant, I was able to snap a lot of studs off or round off the nuts with my Impact Gun (1/2” Earthquake Series).

·
Registered
560 Posts
The only issue I had was the gaskets themselves. I could not reuse them. I had to dig them out of the groove. When removing them, they fell apart in pieces. Also, Im in NJ and all the studs and nuts were rusted. Even with heat and rust penetrant, I was able to snap a lot of studs off or round off the nuts with my Impact Gun (1/2” Earthquake Series).
First time had to deal with studs,mdx had ~10k miles. When reassembled everything, used copper anti seize, never had issue removing studs/nuts afterwards.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts