Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi- i've read some previous threads about this, so i understand its not an isolated case. I just want to know if there is any more information specifically for the 2011 MDX- as the previous posts said there was a TSB for earlier models

The drivers seat is not reacting to the key properly, when i unlock the car, the seat does not switch from diver 2 to 1, or vice versa when my wife uses her key. when i press the memory recall button, it jerks momentarily and i need to press it repeatedly for it to adjust to my preset- and even then it does not adjust fully (the side view does not come all the way up to where i had set it to). When i try to reprogram the settings (hitting the memory and then Driver 1 button) the memory setting does not stick (new setting does not override the previous preset).

any help as to what to tell the dealer if there is a TSB and cost, or if its an easy enough fix (as some posters have suggested) would be appreciated!

thanks, c.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As this is a common issue (and one I have on our 2007), a shame no one ever replied to you. Was the issue ever/resolved/how? For mine, a POSSIBLE answer is in a TSB about I believe replacing the driver power mirror actuator assembly. I can order that wholesale (oemacuraparts.com) for about $37 so I may roll the dice and try that. I think also our remotes don't seem to retain the link to the car (ie showing Welcome Driver 1 (or 2 as the case may be)), I'm going to re-check and re-link if need be. Granted, ours was 8 yrs old with 105K mi when we bought it in Tampa, but just the same...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever try to swap the mirror actuator? Ours is doing the same. Every time my wife get in it the seat back goes straight to gangster mode laying all the way down. If I can’t fix it she’s going to make me buy her a new car. Haha!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts