Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i have a 2008 acura mdx.. when i first got the car the driver seat moved back when i exit the car and moved back to the memory position set when i re entered.. then one of my mirrors got messed up so i disabled the memory seat option due to the fact that it didnt work right.. now that i fixed that problem everything works but the exit and entry option doesnt work and i do not know how to turn it back on.. anyone here that can help?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
It looks like your key link needs update.

You need to hold both lock and unlock buttons on your remote to restore the link to the memory.

You can read how to make necessary changes on page 139 of your owner's manual in detail.

Here's link in case you don't have a hard copy:
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/om/BTX080/BTX0808OM.pdf

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The key is linked.. and it does say driver 1 when i turn the car on is that what your talking about or something different.. if i leave the seat back when i get out the car, everything goes back to memory 1 when i get in.. my problem is that the seat does not go back how it use to when i turn the car off

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would like to add that the steering wheel does go back up when get out the car but the seat stays at driver 1 position and never moves

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
my problem is that the seat does not go back how it use to when i turn the car off
Oh, I see. Second Generation MDX is not equipped with this feature, that's why your seat doesn't go back. I have no idea how it did, if it did before (perhaps someone installed some mod?), but other than the steering wheel returning to the maximum upper and retracted position when you pull the key out of the ignition, there is nothing else that's supposed to happen.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No mods where installed.. i dont understand it either.. it was going back and forward literally everytime i get out and in

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
No mods where installed.. i dont understand it either.. it was going back and forward literally everytime i get out and in
That's a mystery then! The car doesn't have this feature. It only has two things it does:

1) Returns the driver seat and both mirrors to memory position based on the key used to open the car from when it was closed.
2) Retracts the steering wheel all the way up and back once you remove the key from the ignition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts