Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driver memory settings stopped working on 2008 MDX. A push on memory button 2 would move things a tiny bit then stop. Steering wheel never went to memory setting. Replaced actuator motors in the side rear view mirrors, both sides. Now memory works like brand new. Motors cost me $74 all in from DelRay Acura in Florida. Easy to change out.

On second set of Ecopia tires from Firestone. First set got over 60,000 miles. Best tires and performance I ever got in my life. I bought lifetime alignment from Firestone when I bought the MDX in 2008. Buying tires also gives me rebalance and rotation. Guess this contributed to the long life of the tires. Tried to get alignment 3-4 times a year.

FYI

·
Registered
27 Posts
So by changing the actuators of the side view mirrors, the seat memory button started working correctly? If that's true, maybe what I need to do is change out my side view mirror actuators also. (How do you do that??)

When I press memory button 1 on the door panel, the seat moves a little, then stops. I must repeatedly press memory button 1, and it moves little by little, for a total of 4 stops, before it finds it's preset location. Is this the same problem you had?

·
Registered
336 Posts
On second set of Ecopia tires from Firestone. First set got over 60,000 miles. Best tires and performance I ever got in my life. I bought lifetime alignment from Firestone when I bought the MDX in 2008. Buying tires also gives me rebalance and rotation. Guess this contributed to the long life of the tires. Tried to get alignment 3-4 times a year.

FYI
I just put Pirellis on our X a month or so ago. When I was shopping tires online, the Firestone website said there were no tire matches for the X.

So by changing the actuators of the side view mirrors, the seat memory button started working correctly? If that's true, maybe what I need to do is change out my side view mirror actuators also. (How do you do that??)
Common issue/solution with these cars. I'd start with the actuators and see where that gets you. There should be plenty of DIYs here. It's an easy job … basically pop off the mirror, unplug the harness, remove the actuator and install the new one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Find Acura Service Bulletin 09-047. Shows you step by step.

It is so nice to again have all the settings go to memory positions once I start the car. When I turn off the key the steering wheel goes all the way in. Put in key, start the car it comes back out. My green light on my no. 2 button always comes on now every time I start the car once things reach memory settings. I did without this for so long.

You have to tell the car who you at first though. Inside or outside the car before starting, click lock, then unlock. Then start the car. All things then go to memory settings then my green light remains lit. Nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts