Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many on this site have sworn by Zaino products but I have to put in a good word for Meguiars. I have used many of their products over the years and have been very happy with their perfomance. My baby is a Touring model in Dark Emerald Green. Why Acura chose to discontinue this color is beyond me but I am glad I was able to land one. As with any dark color it is a challenge to keep clean but it gets hand bathed every friday and it's a beutiful machine. I recently started using Meguiars Gold Class and am very happy with the results. It goes on easy and is very easily removed. Over the last couple of week-ends I have applyed several light coats. I have to say that I have used Zymol but I feel the shine is much deeper and surface much smoother with the Gold Class. Would like to hear from others who have used this product and also from some Emerald Green owners. I think the color the fender flairs come in look like they were made for the Green Machine. I still have people approching me asking about this car, I love it as much as I did when I first got it back in October 2000!!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Gold Class Wax

I have been using the Gold Class Wax for years on a 1993 Brittany-Blue Green Honda Prelude and have been quite happy with the results. For my MDX I will be trying Zaino products simply because everybody has been ranting and raving about them on this site.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Another satisfied customer!

I love the results I've received from using Meguiars Gold Class!

·
Registered
715 Posts
I used Meguiar's initially but I was not impressed with the durability of the wax. The detrioration rate was pretty high....most of the beading was gone within 3 weeks. It also attracted much more dust on my black X.....as waxes do, much more so than polymer based products.

The shine was pretty good tho, I thought.

However, I am MOST impressed with Meguiar's Quick Detailer SPRAY BOTTLE (not the contents, just the spray bottle) which I fill up with Zaino Z6. It offers the finest, lightest spray of any bottle I have used......perfect for applying Quick-type of finishing sprays.

:D

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
octavian said:
However, I am MOST impressed with Meguiar's Quick Detailer SPRAY BOTTLE (not the contents, just the spray bottle) which I fill up with Zaino Z6. :D
LOL -- somehow I just don't think that's gonna end up as a testimonial on Meguiar's website :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have to agree Octavian--those spray bottles are great!

I used Meguiars for 4 years before I got my MDX and heard you all (Wormie) talk about Zaino...IMO, Zaino goes on and comes off easier--you need very little of it so the going on is a snap, you can put it on in direct sunlight (at least Z2 and Z6), and it comes off like [insert witty analogy here--it's too early in the morning...].

My thoughts,
Rob :cool:

·
Registered
715 Posts
rob, how about "comes off like (to quote a phrase made popular by Gen George S. Patton) crap through a goose."?:D

Worm, I am serious....:mad: (hey, how come there is no 'serious' smiley face emoticon available???) I think Sal may want to tweak his Z6 sprayer....too much comes out no matter how tight I close it.....Meguiar's come out in a fine mist....no dripping. Give it a shot!;)

·
Registered
747 Posts
That's exactly the saying I was looking for, 8avian...good job amigo!

Again, same experience with the Meguiars spray bottle.

:-| <----serious smiley (using the old technology)

Rob :cool:

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Yea, the z6 bottle is tuned to stream rather than spray. I've found it gives a good mist when the nozzle is almost entirely closed. Backpressure makes it a little tough @ first but it loosens up after awhile...

I have some other empty (clean) spraybottles I use for a z7 claybar lube, so maybe I'll try one of those :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
yea - Im not a big fan of the black sprayer - i use a 2 yr old version, the white one. sprays great . i just keep pouring in more into that bottle.

use the black ones for claybar lube

1 - 10 of 10 Posts