Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know we have so many acuramdx.org members in DC metro area until the recent tread http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8774

Should we get ourselves a MDX gather during the Nice Weather Spring time?

If so, I might suggest a park which we could have picnic, BBQ, or any other type of event that all families could be enjoy. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sounds like a winner!!!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are at least 4 of us. It is still couple months before the spring comes. I think more people will join us when time is here. Once it is near, we could setup a poll and vote for date and place.

I was thinking about Great Falls, either in Maryland or Virginia side. I think it is more central location for people in Virginia and Maryland, but everyone/car will need to pay entrance fee. [I think it is $4 per car]

Can't wait for it. :2:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I live north of Baltimore in Towson, Maryland. After looking at the photo's of the Bay area meet, I am kinda jealous that we don't have meets in the east coast. I am more than willing to trek down to D.C. for our meet. Count me in!!!:2:

By the way......how old are you guys? I am 23.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There was a Harshey Park meeting back in July. But that is the time my first baby join my family, so I couldn't attend. :(

Yes, We should have one just down in DC metro area, since we have so many DC area MDXers on the board. We could invite Tim to come down here as well, since he traveled to Harshey last time, I think he won't mind to travel another 2 hours down here. :2:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I'd consider a road-trip with the family in the spring but NoVa is a little far for my wife (who I would be draggin along anyway). I'd be up for it if you were looking at a Maryland location like Columbia or that area which is like 2 1/2 hours from my home.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
crmsnidol said:
I'd consider a road-trip with the family in the spring but NoVa is a little far for my wife (who I would be draggin along anyway). I'd be up for it if you were looking at a Maryland location like Columbia or that area which is like 2 1/2 hours from my home.
crmsnidol,

As of this, we will need someone in Maryland to speak up. I could only think about Annapolis, MD. But I never been there, so I can't tell if that is good place to meet.

I am not exactly sure where you are, but I know from Nova to Philly, it takes about 2 1/2 hours without traffic. :p

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
JTM said:

I am not exactly sure where you are, but I know from Nova to Philly, it takes about 2 1/2 hours without traffic. :p
I'm right outside Philly but I went to grad school in Radford VA and used to do the trek between the two points (Radford-NJ 432Mi) once a month. Deptford to Baltimore Inner Harbour is 1hr 45min. Deptford to 66West is approx 3. I don't know how you guys drive but I guess I'm like an old guy when it comes to speed.

Either way, thanks for the thoughts.

·
Registered
122 Posts
MD Suburbs....

JTM said:

crmsnidol,

As of this, we will need someone in Maryland to speak up. I could only think about Annapolis, MD. But I never been there, so I can't tell if that is good place to meet.

newbie here. Not only am I new to the board, but I don't have an MDX....yet. Hopefully, it will be a different situation by March! Anyway, I live in the MD suburbs. What events or things do you plan on for an MDX meet? I know of a few vinyards in the area and I have a short driving route that covers the three covered bridges in Frederick County. tell me what you are looking for and I'll see if I can be of assistance.

·
Registered
65 Posts
OK.....OK...... Since we are having trouble looking for a place to meet lemme me suggest this. Why don't we take a tour of all the great breweries in Baltimore? I can think of atleast 3: DeGroen, Capital City, and the famous Clipper City. I think Baltimore is a great comprimise considering it's close to both D.C. and the Pennsylvania/Delaware borders. Lemme know what you guys think!!!:7:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A suggestion location is always good.

we will setup a poll later, so people could vote where they want to meet.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hmmm

I like the brewery tour idea or even some mild trail riding in Western MD near the PA border. Also, the VA wine country is beautiful...
Again, the question that needs to be answered is what kinds of activities would this be centered around?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good Question.....

I think it should be ALL AGE type of event. If I go, I will bring my wife and my baby son.

I think R Steven has two little girls. If so, it should be one that only us will enjoy, but the littles could enjoy as well.

We could continous discuess here. Still few months to go.. :2:

·
Registered
327 Posts
JTM said:
Good Question.....

I think it should be ALL AGE type of event. If I go, I will bring my wife and my baby son.

I think R Steven has two little girls. If so, it should be one that only us will enjoy, but the littles could enjoy as well.

We could continous discuess here. Still few months to go.. :2:
Whoa JTM, my heart just popped out on the "two little girls". I do have two girls - one is a senior in high school and the other is a 20 month old "little" 80 pound Golden Retriever. Also have a son who is a senior at U of Colorado, Boulder.

And, my aftermarket audio/video install was FINALLY completed last Friday by Myer-Emco so I'll be looking forward to sharing that with fellow MDXers. The Virginia wine country sounds like a great trip.

·
Registered
122 Posts
VA Wine Country

My wife and I spend a lot of time at some of the VA wineries and have a blast. Many times, we meet another couple (He and I are on our bikes and the wives in a Miata. Love that open air!!) and they sometimes bring their children. The children can either stay outside and play if the weather is nice or go inside with sodas/water. Even the kids can enjoy the tours to see how wine is made.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow... R Stevens's children are not little anymore.:rolleyes: I guess mine is the only little one [he will turn 5-month old on Xmas day]. :2:

Should I give my son some wine on the Xmas? Maybe this will help him prior his first trip for the Spring... :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts