Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new User to the Forum. Just moved to South Kansas City, MO, and wanted to know if anyone knew of a good, honest, reliable independent mechanic, who works on MDXs? With (2) older models, really trying to just maintain them best I can, for the boys while they get through college.

Owner of '02 and '05 MDX.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, new User to the Forum. Just moved to South Kansas City, MO, and wanted to know if anyone knew of a good, honest, reliable independent mechanic, who works on MDXs? With (2) older models, really trying to just maintain them best I can, for the boys while they get through college.

Owner of '02 and '05 MDX.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
SOUTH Kansas City specifically...I dunno. It might be a lot to ask to find a local Honda/Acura guy in your back yard. If you are willing to drive I-35 for 20 minutes up to Southwest Boulevard....I highly recommend Don Perdue Automotive. He works on any Honda or Acura. Small garage. He has been there for as long as I have been driving 30+ years. Very good work...and honest honest honest. He has had the same guys working there for as long as I can remember....always the same guys. He worked on many vehicles within my family...and kept my TL in tip top shape for the 9 years that I kept the car beyond its factory warranty. I'll be seeing Don in a couple years (if he is still around) once my MDX factory warranty runs out. Don't let the 'look' of his shop fool you....he does great work for good prices....and has been doing it for a long while. He is not a secret....and he is getting older now.

Just down the street from Don is another guy's place called "Hondas Only".....they also do Acura work to my knowledge (despite the name). I don't know much about this place....but it too has been in business a long while. You might want to look at reviews of this place as I cannot attest to their skills, prices, or practices.

If you are aware of Rosedale BBQ or Strasser Hardware.....both of these businesses are located very close to Don Perdue Automotive.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts