Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my "Angel" today!!! Yipee! Unbelievable. Got the VIN on Monday, they called today that the car was here; I'm out working. Hubby calls.....hey, hon, what are we doing tonight? Wanna get your car????

I LOVE it! Man, after driving cars for so long, this baby sits up high! More observations later, but the only negative that comes to mind is that I wish the headlights were always on.

Taking it up to Stanhope NJ tomorrow to my cousin's house. That'll be a nice "mini road trip".

Pics to be posted soon, I hope!

Small tidbit...first CD played in the new baby...Tom Petty.

·
Registered
411 Posts
nanisworld:

Congratulations!! Yeah, do post the pictures. I will try to do the same tomorrow.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Congratulations, Nan. Enjoy your mini road trip with your new ride. Do varying your speed regularly during the break in preiod and no hard braking if you can.

Seems like you like the Day Running Lights (DRL). Search for post by TheWorm. He did install a custom DRL switch.

Enjoy,:)

·
Registered
679 Posts
nanisworld said:
Small tidbit...first CD played in the new baby...Tom Petty.
Ooooh great first choice to break in the 'X sound system nanisworld, seeing as how Tom Petty is from Gainesville, home of the Gators :p Was it newer stuff like Free Fallin' or more of the classic stuff like American Girl? Anyhow, I think I'm gonna take along his Greatest Hits for my off-roading trip tomorrow. My other selections for the 6 disc changer are tentatively gonna be the Pumpkins' Siamese Dream, AC/DC's Back in Black, Experience Hendrix, Boston's self titled debut, and last but not least, the best of Lynyrd Skynyrd (comes in handy when you're driving a Japanese SUV and you run into a convoy of rednecks :p ) Enjoy your new 'X :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you leave your headlamp switch in the full "on" position all the time, they behave in an auto on and auto off fasion. when you start the MDX your HLs will automatically come on and when you shut it down they will automatically turn off after a 10 second delay. This also turns the HLs on when you unlock the vehicle with the remote,a great feature in the dark. Of course the HLs will always be at full intensity unlike DRLs which are usually at 40 to 60% of their normal intensity. I don't see this as a problem, more of a benny.
Let there be light....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Congrats on the new set of wheels.
I got mine over a month ago and the excitement still hasn't gone away.

What color is your X?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Congrats on the new set of wheels!!!

I got mine over a month ago and the excitement still hasn't gone away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts