Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading this forum for a while, preparing to buy but can't decide which one. Hope that your opinions can help me to make the decision.

Basically, I've narrowed my search down to MDX, RX300, and Murano. The prices are similar with the MDX a little higher. They are all crossovers with limited off road capability. I know Murano is not a luxury brand, but it is good enough for me. I have tested all three and the RX300 appeard to have the worst performance, whereas the Murano has the best, especially the CVT, amazingly smooth. While MDX is very nice but too uncharacteristic. However, it is Acura. The Murano surely is a eye catcher, but it is a Nissan, not as reliable as Acura. Can anyone provide enough evidence one way of the other to help me to decide?

I want style and performace and don't have a big family to haul around.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Welcome to the board, wheeling!! Glad you're here.

Hopefully you'll get so much info, it will end up being easy for you to decide which vehicle is the best decision for you - because that's all that really matters. Of course you're going to get biased info & opinions here because most of us own an X & love it!

We look forward to your posts!:4:

·
Registered
139 Posts
For me,

RX300 - Nice looking inside and out. But too small and underpowered.

Murano - Small like the RX300 but definately better performance. The inside is just butt ugly and a definate deal breaker for me. Could not see myself sitting in it for a long trip.

MDX - Largest of the three. Above average performance, especially the 03 with firmer suspension and 20 more HP. Much more elegant looking inside and out than the Murano.

I look at the MDX as having the best of both worlds. Appearance and build quality of the RX300 with the performance of the Murano. Therefore the decision was easy and that is why I have an 03' MDX sitting in my garage.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Huh??

wheeling said:
The Murano surely is a eye catcher, but it is a Nissan, not as reliable as Acura. Can anyone provide enough evidence one way of the other to help me to decide?

I want style and performace and don't have a big family to haul around.
Tell that to my '98 Pathfinder that has been off-roaded hard. I had more warranty work on my two Acuras in 30,000 miles than I ever had in the Nissan at 123,000 miles. Both are good makes.

What are you looking for in a SUV? The Murano, when optioned up, approaches the same pricepoint as the MDX. I'm comparing the Murano SE to the MDX Touring. Personally, I'd dismiss the Lexus as underpowered and small. My money (and order) is on the MDX. That said, I love my Pathfinder and it still runs and looks like a champ!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts