Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 34 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
Re: thx for info...

BigSkyTL said:
...I still like the beemer ..1 for the badge, and the "eliteness"
:D
Beemer is a great car too and I went through the same thought process. Wouldn't it be nice if BMW makes MDX? Ha! :D

However, when it all comes down to a decision is still to consider what to gain and lose by buying a beemer as opposed to what to gain and lose by having a more useful and advanced utility MDX. They are two different cars. You are the one to decide. Badge may be so important that nothing else matter. You wil find other people want to buy a Mercedez Benz no matter what.. and that is a name thing. No enough articles or reviews can change their minds.

:D

· Registered
317 Posts
Re: My 2 cents worth on this topic...

arvinonline said:
... IMHO, the X5 (3.0) is a sweet riding vehicle, but the lack of space in the rear, and the extra 9 grand or so compared to the MDX w/ Touring make it less appealing than the MDX.
Since I am not an X5 owner, I don't know how proud I will feel driving it. I imagine I would be since I own a bimmer 325i. On the SUV side, however, my first trip to Home Depo and furniture store this weekend made me feel *very* good about picking the MDX. It's trunk space and the design is just magic.

Today, I picked a large living room table and a side tables, both in the box. With both back seat rows flip down, the trunk space swollow both boxes in it. I must say the boxes were very large.. one's width as wide as a plywood piece. What a utility car.

· Registered
317 Posts
AC1 said:
...We ended up getting a 01 X5 4.4i SP with just about everything possible on the truck, even phone and voice activated system for $54,200.

Gotta admit, cargo space sux on the X5.
Congratulations to your purchase on the X5... the BMW is a fine car too and the price is just way up there. Personally I would love to have the BMW brand and its look but I don't miss its other stuff...

· Registered
317 Posts
AC1:
Good luck to your Dad's search. To maximize the benefit for the money around 40K-ish, many of us found MDX is best V6 SUV there is .. It is a technology wonder, a nice combination of luxary and driving and a real "utility space. Hope your dad get in the queue or find a good source to avoid the wait.

:) :)

· Registered
317 Posts
Drive like a car?

AC1 said:
The biggest driving factor for us was that we wanted an SUV that drove more like a car, and we found this in the X5 only. ...
If I can buy another SUV, the next one will be X5. :) Personally I would treat the X5 as my tall sedan. In reality, honestly I can't justify it. As BMW call the X5, it is Sport Activity Vehicle... They didn't lie to people. It is not a utility car. :p People driving X5 are in a different life style, and probably hire people to make the trip to Home Depot. ;)

Anyway, I found your comment interesting on the car-like feeling. The most car like feeling among SUVs is Lexus RX 300. Pure and simple. Then it is the MDX. The BMW's performace is more like race car.. perform well, very stiff like a truck (I have an 325i) , etc. Unless you think all cars should drive like a BMW sedan, then your "drive like a car" comment would be understandable. i.e. the BMW X5 drive like a BMW sedan.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 5 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.