Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dealer lets me use their loaner '02 Satin Silver TL Type S w/ ebony interior today (while getting my 7,500 mile service and weeping mirrors taken care of) and I had so much fun leaving rubber on the pavement that I decided to trade in my run of the mill MDX for an MDX Type S :p It's just for grins, so feel free to call me a poser/boy racer if you like :D

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, the TL Type S is VERY nice IMO. I liked how the fake wood was ebony to match the interior, and thought it would have been a nice touch in MDXs with ebony interior. I didn't care too much for the white gauges or the shiny logo on the steering wheel, but I did like the isport shift and I loved the incredible power. 20 more horses than the MDX with about 1,000 less pounds to propel makes for a pretty good power to weight ratio. When I pulled out of the dealership I gradually floored it cuz I didn't want them to hear me squealing the tires. Much to my embarrassment, the tires broke loose and made a nice squeal when it shifted into 2nd since by that time I had it at redline :p I was not expecting it to have that much power. From the stoplight with the VSA off, the thing would spin its tires all the way up to redline when it would shift. With VSA on, it would cut the power after about a half second of squealing. This again took me by surprise as I only thought VSA activated when it detected lateral skid movement. So I guess it's a form of traction control as well :confused:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Acuracer, nice looking Type S you got there. Yep, Spurrier is gone, but with all his whining lately about FSU trying to allegedly injure players, I'm not too sad to see him go. He was becoming a bit of an embarrassment IMO. Hopefully, the program will continue to thrive under Stoops. However, I am already worried about the game with the Hurricanes this fall, especially if some of the players bolt for the NFL with Spurrier leaving. With Spurrier gone, don't be surprised if Bowden retires after next season. I presume you're in NoFla? If so, try to make it to the MDX party in St. Augustine on Feb. 16th, details at the link in my sig line below.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
MDX Type S

where can i find out more info on this new model? When will it be available for the market purchase? Does it cost more, i'm sure it does? What additional features does it offer? If anyone has any links to get more info would be greatly appreciated.:D

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Hey ACURACER ...

... how did you get a picture of my car:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
msu79gt82
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing