Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

MDX Type-S - Infotainment won't shut off, tow truck on the way!

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  myst 
#1 ·
Something extremely odd started happening with my relatively new MDX Type-S today... when I turn the car off and open the driver side door, the infotainment system no longer shuts off. It's not hung, it still works perfectly. I thought that was strange, so outside the car I locked the car and the infotainment screen still didn't turn off. Then I sat in the car and hit the lock button on the door panel, infotainment system is still on. Everything else in the car is off.

I put the key in the house, waited a while, and looked through the back window - infotainment still on. Found the diagnostic menu instructions online, restarted the infotainment system, it still won't turn off.

My local Acura said they never heard of this before, so they are having it towed to the dealer tonight. I'm assuming the battery will die sometime overnight.

One other thing I thought was odd - when I lock the car, the mirrors aren't folding in anymore even though the auto folding setting has never changed. I know the mirrors work fine because the manual button on the door panel for folding in and out works fine.

I don't know if these two things are connected, but I haven't experienced either one of them until today.

See less See more
#3 ·
Before the tow I tried pulling one terminal from the battery for 30 seconds... that didn't change anything with the infotainment and mirrors after reconnecting. I got a long list of errors on the dash though, seemingly about every system in the car. To the dealer!

#5 ·
My local Acura said they never heard of this before, so they are having it towed to the dealer tonight. I'm assuming the battery will die sometime overnight.
Solved, more or less... the dealer said a door sensor failed and needed to be replaced. So the infotainment and mirrors now work as expected, but now the driver's side door handle doesn't work. So I have to do a Dukes of Hazard or crawl in from the passenger side. Back to the dealer today. I'm assuming something just didn't get put back right after the sensor was replaced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.