Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
In on this thread.

I've had the '07 up to 110 in short bursts with no problems and on a recent trip up north cruised at 90-95 for an extended period of time until my rabbit got off the interstate. :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got the ’08 up to 120 easily on my way back from Las Vegas to Los Angeles.
Could have still accelerated more, but the wife told me to knock it off and slow down.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I got the ’08 up to 120 easily on my way back from Las Vegas to Los Angeles.
Could have still accelerated more, but the wife told me to knock it off and slow down.
:19:

·
Premium Member
2004 Acura MDX Touring w/ RES & NAV
575 Posts
In on this thread.

I've had the '07 up to 110 in short bursts with no problems and on a recent trip up north cruised at 90-95 for an extended period of time until my rabbit got off the interstate. :D
Don't you LOVE rabbits!?!?? I call them "new guinea's" when I taught them to pass me! I let them get about a quarter mile ahead and let the cops flush out on them. My wife loves the trick! BMW drives hate our X's passing them. I think BMW drives hate anybody passing them!!! Lol

·
Registered
265 Posts
Don't you LOVE rabbits!?!?? I call them "new guinea's" when I taught them to pass me! I let them get about a quarter mile ahead and let the cops flush out on them. My wife loves the trick! BMW drives hate our X's passing them. I think BMW drives hate anybody passing them!!! Lol
True!! Same story here in PR... Not once or twice that I travel 75 or 80mph and see a BMW entering the highway flooring till they catch me!! Lol like lil kids!!! I don't know if they feel inferior or sumthin but I've realized they like to be the fastest car on the highway... Is it because "the ultimate driving machine" promo??

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
They are great cars, my dad had two in my lifetime. So I can't "hate" but they try Sooo hard! (bless their little hearts(channeling my mom) I think Audi's are really close to ultimate. But if somebody asked me from what I've DRIVEN in and felt to be the ultimate it would have to be a Rolls. That price tag should be the opening call for "ultimate". But price let's you know your in the ultimate zone. 0-60 in 5 sec's for a 3-4 TON car that has umbrellas in the doors and a button makes the doors close automatically?!?!? That's ULTIMATE!!! Lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
I believe I hit a top speed of 120 mph at one time, but I didn't want to take my eye off the road. I thought the governor was at 125-130 mph. I always do 90-110 mph, I only held out for 120 mph once to see what it felt like. A bit scarey if you ask me, my wife 2000 Maxima se felt alot better at that speed it's a little different when lifted in an SUV. Another member once stated that the governor was a little higher than 119 mph. If I get the balls up again this weekend I'll try for a little over 120 mph. But I have to check out the vehicle in it's entirety before making the attempt. Hope you guys and gals don't read about me in the paper!

Good luck with the troopers on the island... It would be nice to know the top speed, but I do not think it is worth the risk, with all these accidents happening nowadays, tires popping and with people on the road that can't drive at regular speed, trying to manuver at a top speed could be very dangerous. Especially here in NY...

Better off taking this test to the tracks...

·
Registered
652 Posts
They make numerous cars for numerous reasons and it's impossible to find one car to meet all requirements. Going fast in an MDX makes about as much sense as towing your boat with a Civic.
You need at least an MDX, an RL and an NSX! (OK - I'm still working on the NSX!)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Good luck with the troopers on the island... It would be nice to know the top speed, but I do not think it is worth the risk, with all these accidents happening nowadays, tires popping and with people on the road that can't drive at regular speed, trying to manuver at a top speed could be very dangerous. Especially here in NY...

Better off taking this test to the tracks...
Dude, you do realize that Pauls post is 8 years old? He could have died in a fiery crash years ago for all we know.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Dude, you do realize that Pauls post is 8 years old? He could have died in a fiery crash years ago for all we know.
I don't usually laugh at the IDEAL of someone getting hurt but Bwhaaaa! That would explain that being the last post huh Doc? (head shake) hope that wasn't a "before things got interesting" moment for him!

·
Premium Member
575 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
:cursin:

And speaking of speed, my wife found out today what happens when you're doing 50 in a 30 and the radar detector is unplugged. :28:

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
:cursin:

And speaking of speed, my wife found out today what happens when you're doing 50 in a 30 and the radar detector is unplugged. :28:
My condolences Doc, may your affordable insurance premiums RIP. my wife got caught doing 89 in a 65 on the turnpike. 3 point shot on her license and she told me she was surprised because she was doing greater than! I'll keep it at that.... Maybe she needs to weigh in on this tread, she's prob the resident expert!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Been up to 120 in the 04 I usually touch 100 once a day (The nice Italian tuneup :D )b/c I got this nice long stretch of road on the drive back home. I recently bought a 2012 GTI and man its even more fun! But still there's no look more funny when you look at ppls faces as you zip by them in an SUV. BTW I only speed when I drive by myself. Also pay attention to make sure its safe to do so. Knock on Wood, Thank God I've been safe.

Based on my assumption if the MDX were not electronically limited. Top speed would be in the 140ish neighborhood due to drag.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I recently bought a 2012 GTI .
niiiice. I had an '08, man that car was a blast. Alas, I had to give it up. Too many toys, not enough time to play with them.

61 - 80 of 116 Posts