Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello MDXers! I’m looking for recommendations on what to use to clean my dashboard. I was told by a buddy that Armor All was bad for it.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I just use a damp microfiber towel. I don't use any detergents and definitely not Armor All, which I don't use on anything (I don't like the oily residue of it and I don't like the artificial shiny look it leaves). I never have an actual stain or real dirty spot on the dash but if the damp towel wouldn't take care of it I'd use a mild detergent to get the stain out followed by the damp towel to get the detergent off. By 'mild detergent' I mean something like car wash or a mild dishwashing detergent. I don't think you need any special automotive products for something like this.

·
Registered
713 Posts
use a damp microfiber towel. Keep a sunscreen on the front window when you are parked in the sun. As for the nav display etc use ScreenDrx. I inspect many tablets and laptops during my daily work before we lend them out. ScreenDrx leaves screens looking new with no smears.

Also - if you do use something like Armor All etc, then when the car gets hot it gasses off and deposits a film on the cooler windows.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I use VLR and a terry towel. It's inexpensive, and has treated me well over the last 10 years.

I hear Aerospace 303 is also good.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Just be careful of where you apply 303. Parts that may rub together will cause squeaking.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
I highly recommend the Sonax Dashboard Cleaner, which I've used in many cars over the years. It leaves a very clean, even, factory-matte finish, repels dust, and protects the dash from UV damage. It does not out-gas when heated, leaving a film on the windshield. You don't want to use use anything light or shiny on the dash because of windshield reflections. You can buy it on Amazo: https://www.amazon.com/Sonax-283200-Dashboard-Cleaner-10-1/dp/B00100HAZW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts