·
Registered
699 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: Re: Use the search function, it's your friend

jonnygoodboy said:
For me, search works great for some things, not so great on others. Maybe I just don't use it well. For the topic of this thread ("What's MDX stand for?"), what would you search for? It seems like "MDX" would get a lot of hits...
I agree. Perhaps it is because I don't know how to change the search option. But the "search" always return thread that match any of the words I type. Many times, I want to search threads that match ALL words? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
6,531 Posts

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
4 Threads discussing "stand for"

The first thread above is this one:eek:

The second listed was started 2/28/02 by jessenj

The third one was started 8/31/01 by Midnite MDX

The last one was started by phillyflyer on 5/2/01

·
Registered
66 Posts
just answer the question!

Use the search function, it's your friend

Call me crazy but wouldn't it be easier to just type the answer to the question (assuming you know the answer) rather than pasting a link to a thread that gives 17 various answers to the question (some obviously joking but some maybe not?)??

No offense but it's kind of annoying!

If I don't know what a word means I don't necessarily always look it up in the dictionary.... I might just ask somebody else if they know and hope they have enough patience with my ignorance to just tell me!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Re: just answer the question!

Hey-Jude said:
Call me crazy but wouldn't it be easier to just type the answer to the question (assuming you know the answer) rather than pasting a link to a thread that gives 17 various answers to the question (some obviously joking but some maybe not?)??

If I don't know what a word means I don't necessarily always look it up in the dictionary.... I might just ask somebody else if they know and hope they have enough patience with my ignorance to just tell me!
There is no OFFICIAL answer (although in some old literature Multi-Dimension Cross-trainer is alluded to?). Acura uses letter/numbers for their vehicles! What does TL or RSX or NSX mean? Since Acura will not say we can only speculate and have fun doing so:1:

·
Registered
42 Posts

Hey-Jude said:

I certainly prefer a link to thread instead of a stright answer. Although, the best reply is a simple answer plus a link to related thread. But scroll thru a few posts didn't cost me so much time anyway. Plus it is entertaining to see what various and sometimes funny things other members said.

I don't think asking "what MDX stand for" in itself is a productive thing to do, or is it :25: ?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Re: This is an old topic of discussion ...

msu79gt82 said:
Thanks for the great example. I think I have a more refined handle on my difficulty with searching. For more, see this thread in the Software Releated Questions and Answers forum.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

Hey-Jude said:

The long-timers here have seen many topics/threads discussed over and over so they/we try to emphasize that most answers to these questions can be found by searching old threads (plus it keeps the site streamlined and the threads not repetitive so all relevant info can be found in one thread). Spend half of a year with us and you will see what I mean.:)

·
Registered
671 Posts
tzeus said:
What does the MDX letters stand for?
It's interesting how such a simple question opened such a large can of worms! I find it quite annoying when people immediately tell someone to search instead of just answering the question, but in this case all the well-meaning posters were saying is that they don't know the answer but they remember others speculating as to the answer, and having fun doing so. Don't be offended by someone suggesting you do a search, it usually means they don't know the answer. On the other hand, sometimes telling someone to do a search is the easiest and smartest way to help direct someone to the answer.

I assumed, as I feel others did, that your question was asking for speculative answers with humorous and entertaining insight, not the officlal Acura answer (which obviously doesn't exist). Thus, those who suggested searching, were directing you to the best source of such answers in the easiest and most efficient way.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Good one ...

... for your very first post!! Welcome aboard.:cool:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Personally, I think it's missing a letter. It should be MDXV.
Why, well if you all must know, it stands for
M ust
D rive (an)
X ceptional

V ehical :4: :4: :4: :4:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Re: Good one ...

You people really have lots of time on your hands. I've never seen so much verbage that nets out to nothing

What, do you read this forum on your wireless laptop while watching TV? (I do!):32:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Re: Re: Good one ...

pdempsey said:
You people really have lots of time on your hands. I've never seen so much verbage that nets out to nothing........................................
:32:
Oh yeh, well, it's because of driving such a dynamic vehicle like the MDX. It makes you come up with such great verbage do to the mind stimulation from the driving enjoyment.....:rolleyes: :2: :4: :4:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts