Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I just wanted to add. My Mdx and all of yours is a very capable speed machine. I have beat so many cars with my MDX and the best thing to see is the look on peoples faces as you pull away from them :)
Heres a few people I have beat
01 Ford Mustang V6
01 Celica GT
01 Mercedes M-Class
96 Cavlier with exhaust
88 Supra Turbo (Don't know how i won Car was prob broken)
98 3000GT non VR-4
01 Lexus Rx300
00 BMW X-5 3.0 liter
00 Toyota 4 Runner

Ya'll should give it a try sometime
-Joe

·
Registered
312 Posts
Surprising . . . I assume that this is an 'off the line' (0 - 60+) race. I was in a 5-60 mph drag with an Expedition (big Triton v-8) and barely pulled away around 45 mph. I was surprised not to have done better, but I think he may have floored it from the start whereas I didn't gun it till I was already rolling.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
That's odd -- I thought we ALL did this EVERY day! Love to hear those intake resonators sing :22:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I smoked a Dodge Ram last week and it felt GOOD!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just curious what type of gas mileage you guys are getting pushing the engine like that. I can almost watch the gas gage move when I kick in the those intake resonators !!!

JPOW

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
We don't talk about gas mileage in public!

Seriously, yes -- it DOES burn a bit of fuel when we romp on it, so we don't do it all of the time, just some of the time. Can't help it!

KPOW: What part of PA are you from? Eons ago, I was born & raised in Bradford (just about south of Buffalo on the NY border).

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't push the X that often, especially when the wife and kids are with me. This is something that I occasionally do whenever I'm running late for work.:21:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Frostyra - I live in West Chester which is a suburb of Philly (one of the reasons I proudly display my NY Giants helmet). Quite a distance from Bradford. In fact, you probably lived closer to Tim in Buffalo then me.

Ironed, I was laughing at your post because I just got yelled at by the wife last week as we were heading uo the NJ Turnpike and some idiot decided that he was going to play games by weaving in and out of heavy traffic. Well of course I had to floor it and was real impressed with what those 240 hp's could do (of course I then also got to see what the ABS could do as well). I didn't know what was louder, the sound of the engine or my wife yelling at me. After driving a 4 cyclinder 1.8L engine for so many years, I really enjoy everything the DX has to offer.

JPOW

·
Registered
671 Posts
I don't push mine too much, but it does go when I want it to. It really pales next to my 2002 TL-S, though!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Imagine what damage the 2003 MDX.......

..............which, I'm beginning to hear from many, will definitely get the 3.8L V6 with around 280bhp, could do at a stoplight :22:

·
Registered
53 Posts
...wonder what kind of trade in would be availalble on a 2002 X to move into that '03.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts