Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Honda-ers :) I own a 2000 Honda Odyssey and have been modding it over the past year. I saw a need for high perf parts and couldn't find any in the USA, so decided to build my own.

I know the ODY and MDX have the same engine..for the most part, and wanted to let you know I, PRI-Racing.com have just put introduced a COLD AIR INTAKE that is producing 17 hp dyno at the wheels on my 2000 Odyssey! a HUGE difference even for my 'butt' dyno :)

If someone can send me a photo of a stock MDX intake setup, i'll see if they are compatible.

we are also doing the following over the next few months:

-Stainless cat back exhaust
-Comptech Accord V6 headers - exhaust may have to be modded to fit, but once it's all custom won't matter.
-RC engineering bored throttle body
-Twin turbo kit - all custom
-RT free flow catalytic convertor

the exhaust, header and TB will be done by April 20, 2002.

need any info, please email me! I'd love to be able to help any fellow Honda owners/MDX owners get some more power out of there motors!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
webpage doesn't work

and also, how do you get 16hp out of a CAI ?

i have an M3, and I know for sure that i don't get 16hp out of my CAI, maybe my CAI, chip and exhaust combined.

jeff

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Server updates have the site down I believe....my web guy is looking into it ;)

as for HP numbers....obviously your not versed on Honda power :) Intakes alone add quite a bit to VTEC apps. Injen makes an intake for the new RSX that produces 18 hp! with JUST the intake! AEM's intake on an older civic will yield 12.5 hp! so seeing the 17hp that we did on our dyno runs is no surprise. the factory units are VERY restrictive! I'm actually surprised it wasn't more as it FEELS quite a bit faster than 17. stock dyno run was 183.6hp, top speed of 121 mph. w/intake hp was dyno'd at 201.1.

The header we are going to try and use has netted 24 peak HP on the comptech dyno! that's amazing as well. this thing will be breathing quite well with a free flowing exhaust, Tb and cat. I'm expecting HUGE HP gains when it's all said and done.

I race Honda's and have a good feel for these sort of things after 10 years of this :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts