Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to program the remote key such that a beep is heard whenever one locks the car using the remote? And vice-versa?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
No programming involved; just blip the LOCK button twice, and the X will chirp on the second blip. No other options as far as I can tell from the Service Manuals.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I really like this feature. If I'm feeling anal, I can blip it twice and hear the beep. If I want a quiet lock, I can blip it once. Nifty design.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
jonnygoodboy said:
I really like this feature. If I'm feeling anal, I can blip it twice and hear the beep. If I want a quiet lock, I can blip it once. Nifty design.
I agree, I had a Clifford on another car that had a silent arming feature. Lot more classy than a blaring horn!!

"Hey, look at me, I got an alarm system!!"
yeah, so does the rest of the world bunky!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is it possible to get a "honk" instead of the "beep"? With my other car, I am able to find it in a parking lot by honking the alarm.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
jonnygoodboy said:
I think all manufacturers use the same design. At least all auto I have owned work that way.

G

·
Registered
221 Posts
My "X" chirps, but my Accord honks the horn.

·
Registered
11 Posts
"Is it possible to get a "honk" instead of the "beep"? With my other car, I am able to find it in a parking lot by honking the alarm."

you could press the alarm/ panic button

·
Registered
9 Posts
I prefer not to use the panic button. I hate it when car alarms go off for no reason. I just want a simple "honk" or even a louder "beep".

M1A2C2KaLi said:
"Is it possible to get a "honk" instead of the "beep"? With my other car, I am able to find it in a parking lot by honking the alarm."

you could press the alarm/ panic button

1 - 9 of 9 Posts