Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seatbelts: any recommendations on how to solve the increasingly tightening pressure while driving? Is this a standard product issue -or- perhaps a problem unique to my MDX? Love the SUV, but seatbelts are worst I have ever used!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Increasing tightening? Yow! Reminds me of a noose. Have you adjusted the seat belt anchor positioning on the pillar?

That helped me a lot. Otherwise the seat belts fit us fine. You may want the dealer to look at it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny you should suggest a noose - that's what it reminds me of! Yes, I have adjusted the various height levels for seatbelt adjustment on side pillar, but to no avail. Before I take it back to my dealer, I was just trying to get a sense if this has been a problem elsewhere. Thanks much for response.

·
Registered
557 Posts
You may want to check to see if your MDX has a loose front seat as some have stated. This would give the effect that the seatbelt is tightening .. of course adjusting the seats with the belt on can feel the same way. Let us know what you find :D

TECK!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
This is slightly off of the subject at hand, but it does have to do with the seatbelts. Why does this $40k+ vehicle use "rubberbands" to hold the end of the seatbelts in the 2nd row? They look so cheap! That was my first impression when I looked through the X for the first time. Does anyone else think this, too? Does this fashion statement show up in '01 & '02, too? I think there is a much better solution, hopefully for the '04s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Barb:
I know EXACTLY what you are referring to. I noted the same thing with my brand new MDX, but have experienced the same thing with other late model cars too. I suspect that it is "normal".
Jon

·
Registered
277 Posts
Second Row Center Seatbelt

Wow, is that a piece of work too?

The drop down shoulder belt is a good idea. But why didn't they use a regular lap belt with just the drop down shoulder belt piece. Everytime someone uses that seat, it's a project to remove the 2 latches from the headliner and explain which buckles goes where? :confused:

Nothing can be done about it now. but (hey Acura), if you make it easy to use, passengers will wear it. :21:

vcolangelo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts