Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have three questions:

#1. Can I install the MDX RES in my 2016 Tech (no-RES) MDX?
#2. Where is the best place to find a good price on the RES?
#3. Does the 2016 Honda Oddessy RES work in the MDX? (It looks exactly the same)

Thanks in advance.
:nerd:

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
The RES is a factory installed option. You cannot just buy one and install it. I'd buy 2 small DVD players with screens and call it a day. Or go after market.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You'd have to buy the components which aren't cheap, redo some of the factory wire harnesses to integrate it and somehow reprogram the radio to recognize the addition of the system.

It may be easier just to buy 2 ipads and headrest mounts...

Reactions: jcarvediem

·
Registered
69 Posts
How to get 5.1 surround sound to work on the MDX Tech?! Don't care about video, but just the audio if I have a source such as the DVD player

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I have an 11 MDX with RES and the iPad with seat mount is 10X better solution than trying to install an OEM or even an aftermarket RES. I have an iPad mini and I tether to my iPhone when traveling for internet. You would only have DVD movies with the RES and I haven't purchased an CD or DVD since 2010. I Netflix stream when we have 4G on the road or do the 2 DVD mail option and burn a copy to load on the ipad for later. We still get a ton of use from the iPad at home, work, traveling (car/plane), and hotel room while our RES might only been used 5 times in 2 years. It would be impossible to be bored when travelling between games, social media, movies, camera, music, internet, and +10,000 apps with any ipad/smartphone/tablet.

The only real reason I wanted the RES was for the rear heated seats; which, I get a lot use from.

Reactions: jcarvediem

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have an 11 MDX with RES and the iPad with seat mount is 10X better solution than trying to install an OEM or even an aftermarket RES. I have an iPad mini and I tether to my iPhone when traveling for internet. You would only have DVD movies with the RES and I haven't purchased an CD or DVD since 2010. I Netflix stream when we have 4G on the road or do the 2 DVD mail option and burn a copy to load on the ipad for later. We still get a ton of use from the iPad at home, work, traveling (car/plane), and hotel room while our RES might only been used 5 times in 2 years. It would be impossible to be bored when travelling between games, social media, movies, camera, music, internet, and +10,000 apps with any ipad/smartphone/tablet.

The only real reason I wanted the RES was for the rear heated seats; which, I get a lot use from.
here-here!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts