Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has the driver 1 FOB and I have the driver 2 FOB.. Last night we got in and started the car; the seat memory recognized driver 2..I didn't have the driver 2 FOB on me; driver 1 was in her purse on the passenger side floor..I drive and we carry her FOB most of the time..Is there some sort of smart memory on the seat memory? Or is this a malfunction?

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
My wife has the driver 1 FOB and I have the driver 2 FOB.. Last night we got in and started the car; the seat memory recognized driver 2..I didn't have the driver 2 FOB on me; driver 1 was in her purse on the passenger side floor..I drive and we carry her FOB most of the time..Is there some sort of smart memory on the seat memory? Or is this a malfunction?
Did the light on the door show driver 2? The seat changes when you enter the car. Not when you start the car. Only the steering wheel changes position when started. I guess my question is,how did you know it recognized driver 2?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I noticed this sometimes happened to me when I was using remote start with keyfob 1 after keyfob 2 was the last used. Otherwise, if it happened to you only once then it's probably just a rare mixup.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've noticed in both my MDX and my wife's TSX that the seat and mirror memory recall the settings for the keyfob that you open a locked door with. My wife will come home from work, and park her car in the garage with the doors unlocked. If I get in and start it with my keyfob, it will retain her settings. If I lock and unlock the door first with my keyfob, then when I get in, it will have MY seat and mirror settings.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I believe there is an antenna near the floor of the car on each side that is designed to pick up the key fob. The first one it picks up is the one that gets priority acess.

It may have picked up your wife's keyfob before yours.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We have found, with our 2014 model, that we have to manually lock and unlock the doors, using the key FOB, between switching FOB's. Otherwise, the system, on occasion, will not properly switch between driver 1 and driver 2. I had it checked by the dealer and they said it's 'normal'.

--Matt

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe there is a distance range on the key fobs and if the last one used is still in range then it will not disconnect it to allow the other fob to connect. Try to make sure that the other key fob is 30 ft or so away from the car and see if it works correctly. I had the same issue, but noticed that when I got to where I was going it corrected itself allowing the correct user settings to go with the fob I had on me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts