Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
That is inexpensive...

That's a really good price if the quality is good. I got mine from Tim at hondacuraworld for $297 plus $125 for the paint job.

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
REAR SPOILER

I though the OEM Acurarear deflector was aluminium but when I received my painted one from Hondacuraworld, it appears to be plastic/fiberglass. Installation was easy except for the trauma of drilling holes in a new 40K vehicle. Definitely use a high speed drill with new bits so that you get clean holes.

It really adds to the look of the MDX!!

Happy MDXing!!!

--------------------------------------------------
2002 GG MDX touring w/ running boards, double BSM, ventvisors, tow hitch, burlwood shift knob, cargo tray & net,wheel locks, rear splash guards, Acura all weather mats & angel on visor.

·
3,108 Posts
rvehock said:
The only difference is that these are fiberglass instead of hard
rubber.
...so what is the verdict on trimking1's spoiler? What difference does it make for me that it is fiberglass, besides the price difference?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mine turned out great . Call him if you have any question's he was great to work with . He only take's the order , the spoiler is actually made and shipped out of Canada .

·
Registered
293 Posts
according to his description on this item, it's not made of fiberglass but ABS. anyone can comment on this?

to me, the rear deflector only adds a more sporty look to the MDX, i don't really see any major functionality. at $265 painted, shipped from this guy on ebay vs. $422.7 painted, shipped from tim (a little less if you got in the GB), that $150 might just be worth it ....

on another note, HAW's description of the deflector showed "Lightweight material requires no replacement of tailgate dampers.", what are the tailgate dampers?

-henry

·
Registered
235 Posts
contact person?

loony,
can you let me know who to contact for this deflector, company,phone #. i would have e-mailed you directly but was unable.

thanks,
chris

·
Registered
70 Posts
The gentleman's name is Haig . At the bottom of the advertisement for the rear spoiler is his number ( 514-214-3520 ) . He's out of New York . It"ll take 2 working day's from the time of your order for them to paint it ( 3 coats of paint and 1 coat of clear coat ) and send it to you . He'll provide you with a UPS shipping # via email . You'll have to get your paint code # from the drivers side door of your MDX .

·
Registered
235 Posts
your info is much appreciated!

Loony,

:D

thanks,
chris

·
Registered
293 Posts
to all who are interested in the painted spoiler from Haig (trimking1) from eby, i have just talked to him and he is offering $220+$20 shipping all over US if we have 5 or more people interested (the item is currently selling for $245, starting price, on ebay). at this price, and based on the reviews of people on this board that have one, i know i'm in for one.

-henry

·
3,108 Posts
henry_atwork said:
he is offering $220+$20 shipping all over US if we have 5 or more people interested
Painted! ? for that price? WOW

We should be picking up our MDX on Sat. Dec 21st as scheduled, today it was at Starkey, VA :4:. Whom do I give the paint code # from the drivers side door? Should I just call him, and mention acuramdx.org to get that price?

·
Registered
293 Posts
zafer,

i actually just noticed that our mdx are the same color/model and have the same production date :D but since i'm on the west coast, delivery is a little later than yours.

i've talked to Haig and mentioned to him about this website and the possibility of getting 5 ppl together for that $220 price. i don't have my car yet so i can't check the paint code by the door but i did mention to him that i have a 2003 MBP and he gave me a paint code already. btw, he uses DuPont paint as well and there is a 3yr warranty on the spoiler and the paint job.

so, i'm waiting to see if a few more ppl show interest then i'll be calling him again.

-henry

·
3,108 Posts
OK then, lets get this rolling :)

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi All:

___Not to trash the thread but TrimKing1 has been on EBay for quite some time and I thought I remember seeing his painted X RD's for just $175.00 as a Buy It Now maybe 6 months ago? In any case, there is always room for negotiation when you are dealing in Group Buys ;)

___As for myself, I purchased an MDX spec'ed Spoiler Depot purchased and painted Rear deflector for an X at $238 shipped. Another guy needed a rear spoiler for an Avalon so we negotiated a few dollars off with the two painted RD's/RS's to match the (2) respective vehicles ... Since they have a web presence, I believe with a 10 + Group Buy, you could all do just a bit better than this.

___Finally, these are not an exact match of the Acura spec'ed OEM rear deflector unit. The holes are slightly off and the mounting HW is not quite as robust according to a member that purchased and installed the Trimking1 purchased unit on his X in the past. All three (Acura OEM, Trimking1's, and Spoiler Depot's) look very similar which is fantastic after painting IMHO. At least the TW applied to the Spoiler Depot purchased RD looks great sitting in the box but I have not installed it yet given I have nothing to install it onto ;)

___Good Luck to you all.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
293 Posts
xcel said:
Hi All:

___Not to trash the thread but TrimKing1 has been on EBay for quite some time and I thought I remember seeing his painted X RD's for just $175.00 as a Buy It Now maybe 6 months ago? In any case, there is always room for negotiation when you are dealing in Group Buys ;)
i'll check with him on this once we have more ppl interested.

___Finally, these are not an exact match of the Acura spec'ed OEM rear deflector unit. The holes are slightly off and the mounting HW is not quite as robust according to a member that purchased and installed the Trimking1 purchased unit on his X in the past. All three (Acura OEM, Trimking1's, and Spoiler Depot's) look very similar which is fantastic after painting IMHO. At least the TW applied to the Spoiler Depot purchased RD looks great sitting in the box but I have not installed it yet given I have nothing to install it onto ;)

___Good Luck to you all.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]
[/QUOTE]

loony? can you comment on this? did you install it yourself? any problems? i know there are a few more people that have purchased this, i don't remember reading about mounting problems. :confused:

-henry

1 - 20 of 24 Posts