Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Judging by the online inventory of dealers within 150 miles of me, it appears that none have gotten any new MDXs in the past couple of months. I wonder if this is because production has slowed/stopped in Alabama and/or waiting for Ohio to come online. Is there any estimate when production will start up in Ohio? Maybe I'll just have to order one, but I was hoping to see and drive some first. What I want is the SH-AWD Advance, and they seem pretty scarce these days.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Yeah i think you are right. They have been raising prices for some models as a result in some regions. They've been blaming the loss of sales quantity yoy on production issues for a little while now though. Wonder if Alabama had some tooling issues they are trying to resolve in ohio or something.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I told you guys this a couple months ago. HMA opened the tap all the way for Pilots to populate dealer lots so MDXs aren't coming off the line much if at all right now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My sh-awd + tech was received last month at my dealership. They are the #1 acura dealer west of the Mississippi though. over 40 mdx in stock.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
But what was the production date? Vehicles sit in the staging lot at the factory or local transporter yard longer than people might think sometimes.

40 in stock does not sound like #1. There's a dealer here in the Bay Area (CA) that had almost 500 total vehicles in inventory and I'd bet more than 100 were MDXs as that is the biggest selling model in the area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
But what was the production date? Vehicles sit in the staging lot at the factory or local transporter yard longer than people might think sometimes.

40 in stock does not sound like #1. There's a dealer here in the Bay Area (CA) that had almost 500 total vehicles in inventory and I'd bet more than 100 were MDXs as that is the biggest selling model in the area.
Hi SuperTech,

Nice to meet you.

My production date was last month. Sorry, I should have clarified production and delivery date to the dealer was within that same month. I posted vin sticker below.

Since I'm off tomorrow and totally bored, I did a search of current inventory using this site Northern California Acura Dealers | AcuraNorCalDealers.com serving San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland, Sacramento, Fresno, & the Bay Area as I'm not familiar with the Bay as yourself. I didn't find any new inventory showing 100 MDX's nor 500 total vehicles but I did not add the used inventory, just the new.

I have to apologize for the accuracy of sales claim. I was told verbally that they were the highest volume west of the Mississippi :28: but their website only claims So Cal referencing 2014 sales volumes.

Below is the spreadsheet that I made of Nor Cal dealers + Tustin. Let me know if I missed the one you were pertaining to.

Thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
I purchased mine from Serramonte Acura in August and it too was manufactured on 08/15. My dealer told me that they had that car for only 8 days. Mine is Sh-AWD Adv/Ent

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Hi SuperTech,

Nice to meet you.

My production date was last month. Sorry, I should have clarified production and delivery date to the dealer was within that same month. I posted vin sticker below.

Since I'm off tomorrow and totally bored, I did a search of current inventory using this site Northern California Acura Dealers | AcuraNorCalDealers.com serving San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland, Sacramento, Fresno, & the Bay Area as I'm not familiar with the Bay as yourself. I didn't find any new inventory showing 100 MDX's nor 500 total vehicles but I did not add the used inventory, just the new.

I have to apologize for the accuracy of sales claim. I was told verbally that they were the highest volume west of the Mississippi :28: but their website only claims So Cal referencing 2014 sales volumes.

Below is the spreadsheet that I made of Nor Cal dealers + Tustin. Let me know if I missed the one you were pertaining to.

Thanks

I see my own dealer on there and I can for sure say those numbers are not accurate. At least for my store. Close. But I have 10 more MDXs than that report says. That report may not show cars that have not been PDIed yet or are still in transit. Some dealers who have massive amounts of stock do not PDI the vehicle since they may already have 2-3 of the exact same configuration so they just "leave it in the bag" until they need it.

The dealer I said had 500 new cars was Stevens Creek. This number I heard from my GM at least a couple months ago. The strategy was that we were all getting overstocked for the summer and there would be little to no inventory (especially the MDX) coming in for July-August as HMA is going full speed on the all new Pilot and other models and TLX and RLX are at model year changeover points.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone know when Ohio is expected to come online with MDX production?

·
Registered
9 Posts
It wasn't a report I drew off any dealer databases but their own dealer sites so you would know more about PDI, in transit, etc. than I.

I was looking at a Pilot but since dealers thought they can raise the market value due to demand I passed. The residuals are good but the money factor wasn't.

I see my own dealer on there and I can for sure say those numbers are not accurate. At least for my store. Close. But I have 10 more MDXs than that report says. That report may not show cars that have not been PDIed yet or are still in transit. Some dealers who have massive amounts of stock do not PDI the vehicle since they may already have 2-3 of the exact same configuration so they just "leave it in the bag" until they need it.

The dealer I said had 500 new cars was Stevens Creek. This number I heard from my GM at least a couple months ago. The strategy was that we were all getting overstocked for the summer and there would be little to no inventory (especially the MDX) coming in for July-August as HMA is going full speed on the all new Pilot and other models and TLX and RLX are at model year changeover points.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Does anyone know when Ohio is expected to come online with MDX production?
2017. Probably will retool the East Liberty, OH plant for production to go along with a "mild refresh" as they usually do after 3 years as they've been known to do.

It wasn't a report I drew off any dealer databases but their own dealer sites so you would know more about PDI, in transit, etc. than I.

I was looking at a Pilot but since dealers thought they can raise the market value due to demand I passed. The residuals are good but the money factor wasn't.
Money factors are always terrible on the latest and greatest. Right now the TLX and RLX have fantastic money factors/incentives, because the honeymoon on those models are over and the sales have slowed way down.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think they probably have slowed or stopped. Last month when I went out test driving my local dealer had 117 MDX's on the lot. Today they have 85. They are making deals, offered me a really reasonable price on a SHAWD Tech package, about 400$ under invoice with zero negotiations. Holdover is 3% so they are still making 1000$ or so.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts