Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an Acura owner (2002TLS) and my wife is going to get the MDX touring package with navi. I'm hoping to get some feedback on here about getting the best deal possible. So far, I'm told MSRP is around $39,800. What can you guys share with me about your deals?

I did really well on my TL-S ($31K with Navi, $2700 under MSRP), and I owe it all to the TL website. Thanks in advance for any suggestions and any dealer recommendations in So Cal.

:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm no pro, but I'm guessing what you'll see here is that today, 99% of people are getting theirs for MSRP. No reason to go over. There are dealers that try to force options, but again, shopping around can alleviate that.

There have been 1 or 2 people that have gotten 500-700 under MSRP (even one reported 1500 under) but by and large, it's MSRP. There might be some movement downward with the intro of the Pilot, but I haven't heard of any.

Rgds,

JohnW

·
Registered
53 Posts
You can't count on MSRP - possibly a few add-ons thrown in like a cargo cover, etc.

·
Registered
285 Posts
you shouldn't pay over MSRP these days.... especially when the pilot is out already.... try to get $500-1000 free accessories thrown in from the dealer... get a price list from acura.com website for the accessories and also a list from hondaacura.com... the price from the official acura website includes both labor and part....

good luck....

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Hi neighbor . . .

I got my 'X from Keyes Acura in Van Nuys, reputed to be the #1 volume Acura dealer on the west coast, paid MSRP, added BSM and rear mud guards - my choice, not forced. If you go there they will put you on a 'list' based upon color and equipment and will call you as soon as 1 that matches your preference is scheduled to be del'd - no deposit req'd, catch is you got to get there ASAP or they'll call the next one on the 'list'. Basically they presell you the car and you take delivery 10 - 14 days later when the car actually hits the lot. I also had a broker looking for me and had a deposit with Cerritos Acura - but was 3rd on their list. Keyes came thru 1st, the broker never came thru and am not sure how far I progressed on Cerritos' list. Be wary of Keyes' accessories - they were higher than Cerritos'. There are many Acura dealers in the SoCal area, but I felt having 3 choices to be sufficient contingency.

Good luck on your search - you'll love the 'X, I know I'm hooked ! :2: :4: :2:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
MSRP seems to be the recent norm for the X pricing. Watch out for the accessories from the dealer. I checked 5 different dealers and most were at MSRP but all were high on accessories pricing. I Plan to purchase elsewhere and install myself (with the exception of the tow package). Check out this site for ideas on reasonably priced extras...

Your wife has made an excellent choice in picking the MDX touring with navigation in my opinion. I sure do like mine. What are her color choices?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Around New York and Boston they are getting MSRP +. One dealer required $2500 in optons minimum. Away from the city you can basically get them at MSRP with varing wait times. Last week we reserved one in upstate NY at MSRP for August. Today I got two calls from a local dealer on ordering one for Aug/Sept delivery and two calls from a MA dealer with two bases available. The colors on the MA were not what we wanted and I could not find a reason to change our order to the local dealer, so we sticking with what we have got. But if they want to sweeten the deal, I told them to call me. We will see.

·
Registered
77 Posts
$700

I got a $700 discount which I used for accessories.

·
Registered
18 Posts
BASE NAVI

MSRP + $1000 + $1000 (for any 5 accseories) + $tax - $100 (for inviting a freiend who bought a 3.2TL for much less than MSRP

came out to about $41000-$42000

·
Registered
392 Posts
Two long island dealers offered X at msrp and full list on the options too. I thought i was getting the protection package thrown in until the salesman left two weeks before my X arrived. I got a few bucks off list for the package instead. No complaints, it's a great suv.

rallye in roslyn wanted not only $1500 over msrp, but jacked up accessories too. They were asking over $900 for runningboards or sidesteps. Basically, I told them they were greedy and left.

With Pilot out, you may get a little wiggle room now.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
166 Posts
MSRP+no forced options. I probably could have done a little better had this not been one of the last GGs in the US! Shipped from Texas->AZ for a fairly reasonable price.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just put a depost on a Silver with Touring and Navigation. Cost will be MSRP plus NO forced options. Option prices are the standard (read non inflated) prices that are on the Acura website.

Having said all that, Hopkins was the only dealer in my area that wasn't gouging customers for anywhere from $500.00 up to $4000.00 worth of forced accessories.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
bareyb said:
I just put a depost on a Silver with Touring and Navigation. Cost will be MSRP plus NO forced options.
Congratulations on your new adventure.

How long before you receive your MDX?

·
Registered
238 Posts
BaldEagle said:

Congratulations on your new adventure.

How long before you receive your MDX?
Build date is July 27th. Our second Child is due at the end of August so our new MDX should be here just in time. Gonna need that extra room (in more ways than one). :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am one of the 1% of the people on this site who paid MSRP plus. I picked up SS Touring w/Nav. from Marin Acura (SF Bay area) on June 11 and now know I could have gotten a better deal elsewhere. They did MSRP but forced, inflated options, inflated to the tune of more than $500. My wait time was about 8 weeks total after I turned down a Havasau Blue that arrived in 4 weeks and waited for their next shipment of SS that arrived 4 weeks later. I would suggest calling, faxing, emailing dealers in your area. Most in my area were MSRP plus but I learned on this site that the dealer in Santa Rosa is MSRP, no forced options. My bad. Wished I would have found this site before I bought and not after.

I had another issue: There was a small blemish on the paint that the sales person "forgot" to tell me about and driver's side clicking developed with in 48 hours of delivery. Getting ripped on the price is bad enough but I at least expected everything to be perfect. The service people were first rate. Needless to say I was not too happy after paying their inflated price but they did pull a new 2003 TL off the lot as a loaner and they are going to comp. the 7500 mile service. Both service issues were dealt with to my satisfaction with many apologies. I am still working the sales person for added accesories. They do want their 5s.

Finally, If you have the dealer finance the X be careful there too. I did find some negotiation room on the interest rate. I learned that dealers are often given lower interest rates that they do not pass along to the consumer. The dealer can get as much as a 3-5% kickback on the financing alone. If your credit is excellent make sure the interest rate reflects that. This will save you more money in the long run than you will spend on inflated options.

That said, the X is great and fits our needs to a tee. The more I drive the X the more I like it. I had an Expedition with about 50,000 miles on it but it looked like it had 100,000. I wanted to downsize, go a bit upscale and I had to have AWD and a third seat. The X is the only truck that fits that bill.

Might not be a bad idea to wait for the 2003 model if you are not in a hurry.

Good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts